"I owe you"

"Hey, they're back!" Miller shouted as we arrived. Wells and Finn were carrying Jasper, Murphy and Bellamy were carrying the panther and I was leaning on Clarke, the pain in my foot now more evident. Clarke turned to Harper, "I need boiled water and bandages," she told the girl, who quickly complied with the order. Monty came running out of the dropship. "Is he?" he asked, looking at Jasper. "He's alive," I breathed out, tears prickling my eyes. The pain from my foot was too much. Clarke's worried eyes flitted from Jasper to me. "Get them in the drop ship," she told the guys. Monty took over supporting Jasper whilst Finn came to help me.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamys yell made me swivel round to see that he had dropped the panther by the fire. Finn, clearly annoyed, hurried me to the drop ship, whilst the rest of the delinquents went to get food.

*****

Jasper remained unconscious as Clarke cleaned the wound. I was leaning against the drop ship wall, trying to not think about my foot. Monty was hovering between both Jasper and I, clearly unsure of who he should stay with. I wanted to be near my brother, but exhaustion and pain prevented me from moving. Clarke glanced up, seemingly done with cleaning Jaspers wound, before her eyes settled on me. I tried to shrink back, away from her; I had never been very good at being a patient. As Clarke stood up to come over, Finn popped through the hatch, closely followed by Bellamy, which surprised me. "I thought he could help," Finn told Clarke, a glowing knife in his hand, which immediately frightened me. I tried to get up, terrified of what was about to happen, but two arms stopped me, pulling me from behind into their lap. I knew it was Bellamy, reminding me of when he held me down to remove my wristband. Only it wasn't like that time. This time his grip around my waist with his hands securing my arms was gentle, knowing what was about to happen.

Clarke pulled off my boot with much difficulty, causing some discomfort, but nothing too bad. I bit my lip to muffle my pain. My foot was bleeding heavily, as a result of the spear pit. Monty quickly tried to clean my foot, making sure it wouldnt get infected. I hadn't realised that I had grabbed Bellamy's hand, my teeth cutting into my bottom lip. Clarke glanced nervously at Finn, who bent down to hold my leg still on one side, Monty on the other, offering me a small smile. Bellamy's grip tightened, my hand still gripping his. Before I knew it, a searing pain shot up my leg, causing me to scream and writhe in agony. I couldn't move, but it wouldn't stop. The smell of burnt flesh made me nauseous, filling the dropship with the unpleasant smell. The world started swimming and I felt the darkness taking me. The last thing I was aware of was a large calloused hand brushing my hair away from my soaking forehead, the other, never letting go of my hand.

Bellamys POV

"Is she going to be ok?" Monty asked Clarke once she had removed the knife. Kira had passed out not too long ago, fully lying on my chest. "We'll know when she wakes up," Clarke sighed, exhausted after treating both the Jordan's. Finn told her to go and get some rest, with Monty following the two down the ladder, after a last longing look at Jasper and Kira. I still hadn't moved, mainly because Kira was fully sprawled on me. As gently as possible, I held her body to my chest, hooking my hand under her knees, so I could stand up. I lay her down next to Jasper, who's breathing had slowed into a more even pace. Still not making much noise, I used a discarded jacket to use for Kiras foot, whilst I lay mine on top of her. Before I could go back to supervise the campfire, a hand gently grabbed my arm. Kira's eyes were closed but she murmured out four words I never thought I'd hear from her.

"I owe you Bellamy." And her hand dropped from my arm before Kira fell fully asleep. Maybe Wells of all people was right. Maybe I do care what Kira thinks of me.