"That doesn't make you a bad person"

My head felt heavy as I came round. Instead of feeling the hard table under me, I instead felt the soft material of blankets. Pushing myself up, I realized that I was in Bellamy's tent again. As I struggled to push myself up, two hands rested on my shoulders, gently pushing me down.

"Take it easy," the voice of Octavia reached my ears, and through my haze, I managed to make out her form leaning over me. "What happened?" I croaked.

"Well, not only were you bleeding, the arrow shot at you was laced with poison. Thankfully, we still had some antidote left over after our first encounter with Lincoln." I could hear the emotion behind her words. I remembered how Lincoln had taken an arrow for her during the bridge meeting.

"Is he ok?" Octavia nodded at me. "He left a flower just outside the bridge. It let me know he was safe." Sighing with relief, I managed to get up without feeling too dizzy, and pushed the tent open, Octavia following close behind.

"Where is everyone?" I asked the girl in the darkness. There was no sign of Clarke or Bellamy anywhere. Let alone Raven, Finn and Jasper. I saw Octavia hesitate before turning her head towards me.

"They went to the crash site K." I turned away from her, remembering the fact that I had lost my father without really knowing him. Then why was I still upset?

Hearing laughing close to the gates, I noticed Jasper talking to a group of people, who appeared to be hanging onto his every word. "What's he talking about?" I nudged Octavia, looking towards my brother. Octavia scoffed. "His victory at the bridge. Appears that Harper girl has taken quite a shine to him." I rolled my eyes at his antics, but it appeared Jasper must have noticed me. Before I could comprehend it, he had made his way over to me, pulling me tightly into his embrace.

"Kira." He breathed out. "I thought I'd lost you. You nearly died, all because I left you. If you had-" I cut my brother off, by pulling him in tighter. "I'm right here," I whispered. "I'm not going anywhere."

A loud jangle interrupted us with Miller and Sterling shouting about an intruder. Octavia ran ahead of us, Jasper and me close on her tail. As we ran outside the gate, my eyes landed on someone I never thought I'd see again.

"Murphy?"

*****

"Where is he?" I heard Bellamy before I saw him, as I was crouched in front of Murphy trying to clean the blood away from his face. Hearing his heavy footsteps from behind me, my movements halted. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out now." I felt his hand grab my arm pulling me away from him before I could even protest. I shrugged his arm off, standing just a bit behind him, noticing his glare only rested on the boy he had banished weeks before.

"He says he was with the grounders," Connor told Bellamy. "I was running from the grounders," Murphy interjected. I wanted to be mad at Murphy after everything that had happened with Charlotte but seeing him in pain made me question whether he deserved any of this.

"Anyone see any grounders?" Bellamy asked, looking around the three of us that had found Murphy at the gate. When none of us answered, I panicked when I saw Bellamy raise his gun at Murphy. "In that case." I pushed his arm down, going to stand in front of Murphy, Finn close by me.

"Stop, what are you doing?!" Finn shouted, pushing Bellamy back a few paces whilst I stood a few feet in front of Murphy. "We banished him, and now I'm gonna kill him. Kira move." I held my ground, his icy stare meeting mine. I wasn't able to protect Murphy from the wrath of the camp but I can for this. "If he was with the grounders, he can tell us things," I pleaded with Bellamy who's eyes lowered to Murphy before snapping back to me.

"I warned him that if he ever came back-" Bellamy was cut off by Clarke rushing forward. "No, Kira's right." The leader knelt in front of Murphy examining him whilst Bellamy exclaimed in disbelief.

"Like hell she is." I ignored the sharp pain I felt in my chest at his words, knowing they were only fuelled by anger at his history with Murphy. "Clarke, think about Charlotte."

"I am thinking about her," Clarke told him sternly. "But what happened to Charlotte is as much our fault as it is his." Clarke spent a few moments looking over Murphy, until her eyes rested on his hands. "The grounders tore his finger nails off. They tortured him."

"You and the grounders should compare notes," Fin jibed at Bellamy, who didn't look impressed by the comment. Clarke stood up, turning to face her fellow leader. "We let him stay and find out what he knows about the grounders, then he can leave." Clarke walked past us, as I butted in.

"And what if he refuses to leave?" Clarke met my gaze, a solemn expression painted on her features, before gravely looking back to Murphy.

"Then we kill him."

*****

An hour had passed since I had begun cleaning Murphy up again, trying my best not to hurt him more than he already was. His eyes never left my face, though I refused to meet his gaze. "Why are you helping me?" he choked out. Still not looking at him, I continued to tend to his hands. "Is it conceivable that I don't actually think you're a bad person?" Murphy looked at me questioningly. "You've done bad things, yes, but that doesnt make you a bad person. That makes you a survivor." Murphy weakly smiled at me before erupting in uncontrolled coughs. I leant back a bit confused, turning to the boys behind me. "Hey can one of you-" I trailed off at the sight of the two having blood dripping from their eyes. I went forward to go to help them, but Clarke rushed in, pulling me back.

"Don't touch him." I was alarmed to see her eyes were also dripping and her face had gone deathly pale. She continued past me to Murphy who was coughing uncontrollably on the ground. "Murphy, how did you escape the grounders?" Clarke breathed out, weakness evident in her voice. "They left the gate open." I closed my eyes in realisation, the same time Clarke spoke. "They let you go."

Two more sets of footsteps entered the dropship, causing Clarke and I to turn, seeing Bellamy and Finn looking panicked. "Bellamy stay back," Clarke commanded. "Did he do something to you?" Bellamy's eyes flicked over both of us in worry. Clarke managed to shake her head at the man, blood still seeping down her face. "Biological warfare. You were waiting for the grounders to attack. This is it. Murphy is the weapon." Once I realised properly what she had said, I stepped a few feet back from Bellamy, who looked confused.

"You can't come near me. Please. I don't want you to get sick." Even though I didn't feel sick, I wasn't about to put him at risk. Bellamy's eyes softened before glaring at Murphy. "Is this your idea of revenge, helping the grounders kill us?!"

"No, the grounders are vicious." Bellamy's fury peaked at that moment. "You wanna see vicious?" he marched towards Murphy, but Clarke told him to stay back, explaining that the virus spreads through contact.

Derek started coughing beside me, though when I approached him, I couldn't do anything. "Is he- I nodded at Finn, my head hanging in sorrow. Clarke, though sick, managed to take control of the situation. "We need to quarantine everyone who had contact with Murphy." Bellamy glanced over at me. "And what about everyone they had contact with." Clarke looked at Bellamy fiercely. "We have to start somewhere. Connor." Turning to look at the boy in question. "Who helped you bring Murphy in?" Connor rose his head weakly from the ground.

"The first ones there were Kira and Octavia."