"You're stuck with us"

A loud groan woke me from my sleep. Dizzily, I pushed myself up to discover that I was lay next to Jasper, who was the one groaning in pain. "Monty!" Clarke shouted. I focused on the situation, seeing Monty hunched over one of the wristbands, his eyes on Jasper. "That would be a firm no." Monty replied. "No for what?" I grunted out, pushing myself into a sitting position. My foot throbbed less than it had done, not burning anymore. "Contacting the Ark," Clarke replied, glancing over me warily. "You ok?" she asked.

"Just dandy," as Wells and Finn came up the ladder. "How's he doing?" Wells asked, coming to a crouch beside Jasper. "How does it look like he's doing Wells?" Clarke snapped, causing me to wince slightly. I still hate conflict. "I just want to help." Clarke glared at him, but knew what she had to do required his assistance. "Right you want to help? Hold him down." Finn came to hold Jasper's torso, whilst Wells and Monty secured his legs. I grabbed hold of his hand, crouched beside his head, pushing his dark locks out of his eyes. "I'm not going to like this, am I?" Monty said. I glanced at him in confusion until I saw Clarke with a scolding hot knife, like the night before. I avoided looking as she knelt beside Jasper's wound. "You're going to be ok Jas," I whispered before his scream shook the whole dropship. I held his shoulders to stop him moving, tears prickling my eyes as a result of seeing my brother in pain. I didn't even see Octavia race up the hatch.

"Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia screamed at Clarke. "She's trying to save his life," Finn cut in. "She can't." A familiar deep voice interrupted the squabbling, making me roll my eyes. Trust Bellamy to be a dick. "Back off," Wells tried getting in Bellamys face, but the older boy was in no way intimidated. "Kids a goner, he's making people crazy."
"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark," Clarke snapped at Bellamy who remained defiant. I didn't look up. If I had, I'd probably kill him for talking about Jasper that way. "Take a look at him," Bellamy wasn't done. "He's a lost cause." I cradled Jasper's head refusing to believe what Bellamy was saying. Clarke noticed Octavia's reaction before looking over at me. "Octavia, Kira, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." I tried to smile but Bellamy just had to leap in and ruin it. "This isn't about hope, its about guts. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself." That was it. I jumped up from my position, Monty trying to stop me doing something I regretted. I couldn't. Tears were clouding my vision, as I roughly pushed past Bellamy, leaping down the ladder for some air. I couldn't take it anymore, all this lost hope in Jasper. He can't die. I won't lose him again.

*****

I had walked out deep into the woods now, embracing the nature that surrounded me. My foot ached slightly but nowhere near as much as it had. Before I could fully embrace it, a hog ran past me, followed by several members of camp. "Don't lose it!" Jones yelled, racing after it, Miller giving me a slight smile as he ran. I walked in the direction they had ran from to see Bellamy talking to a young girl from camp, Charlotte I think, accompanied by Atom.

"That's not stopping her," Charlotte pointed to me, before adding, "And I'm not little." Bellamy and Atom turned to me, seeing me approach. Atom had a look of pure surprise, whilst Bellamy looked slightly angry. "What the hell do you think you're doing Kira?" I scoffed. "Trying to get away from the guy who threatened my brother's life." I tried marching past them, aiming to get back to camp, but Bellamy's hand prevented me from doing so. "It's quite a walk back to camp, so sorry Jordan, you're stuck with us." Bellamy smirked whilst I just shoved him back, not really pushing him too far though. Bellamy turned back to Charlotte, who looked slightly confused at our exchange. "Ever killed something before?" What? Is he really asking that to a 12-year-old? Charlotte shook her head, before Bellamy handed her a knife. "Who knows, maybe you're good at it." Bellamy walked back over to me, holding a weapon out to me. I glanced at it, not really wanting to inflict pain upon another living creature. "I don't know how to use it." I told him bluntly, my arms still crossed over my chest. Bellamy raised his eyebrow at me, "don't or won't?" He asked. Upon my silence, he took my hand, placing the knife in my palm. "Throw it." I eyed him carefully before focusing on a tree a few feet from us. I released the knife, but it just bounced off the tree, falling pitifully to the ground. Throwing up my arms as if to say I told you so, I turned to walk back to camp, before two hands landed on my shoulders steering me back around. Bellamy had picked up my discarded knife, carefully placing it back in my hand. "You're not pulling your arm back far enough. You need a large swing." Bellamy placed his hand on top of mine, curing my fingers around the knife. He steered me to stand at an angle from the tree. "Right, pull back," Bellamy muttered, his voice right in my ear, making me aware of how close we were. I pulled my arm back, due to Bellamy's guidance. "And release," he whispered. Bellamy swung my arm forward, releasing the knife, where it lodged itself firmly in the bark. I turned to look at Bellamy, who's eyes looked warmer than usual. He let go, fetching the knife. "See Jordan, you got it. Now let's get going." Charlotte came to my side while Atom followed behind us, all trailing behind Bellamy.