"Like Hansel and Gretel"

I struggled to keep pace with Bellamy as he marched towards the ammo tent, pushing through many drunk teenagers. A tug on my wrist pulled me back and I met the eyes of Connor, who seemed to be struggling to stand up straight. "Hey, do I know you, maybe we could have some fun tonight?" I pulled my wrist away sharply before sending him a shove.

"Not in your wildest dreams." A few of the delinquents responded drunkenly to my comment as I dodged past them to follow Bellamy into the ammo tent. This is why I don't drink. At least I won't look like a drunken mess with a killer head the next day.

"What kept you?" I turned at the sound of Bellamys voice, who was loading up a gun and slinging some bullets over his shoulder. "Just drunk teenagers," I told him, sighing as I bent down to pick up a rifle. I noticed Jasper and Raven were also in the tent, also loading up on bullets. When I picked up the rifle, I expected either Jasper or Bellamy to protest, but I heard no objection from either of them. Raven just smirked admiringly at me.

"So what's happened?" Raven asked as she slung her own gun over her shoulder. "Your boyfriend's being an idiot," Bellamy responded as he loaded some bullets into his gun and grabbed mine to do the same. "We should get Clarke," Jasper suggested. At Bellamy and my silence, Raven instantly knew the answer to that. "Clarke's with Finn, isn't she?" Bellamy and I didn't respond, instead he just passed me my gun. Sometimes silence is the best answer as Raven didn't question anymore. "Let's move out." Bellamy led us out of the tent with a pissed Raven following suit, Jasper and me bringing up the rear. This was going to be a long night.

*****

After about 15 minutes, Bellamy bent down, looking at something on the ground. I scoped out the area as Jasper tried to talk to Raven, apologizing about bringing up Clarke. "At least there good for something." I looked to where Bellamy was, holding a few jobi nuts in his hand. Clarke must be leaving us a trail. "Like Hansel and Gretel," I told him. My mother used to read the story to me when I was little. I guess things stick with you. Bellamy turned to me in confusion, but became alert pretty quickly, wanting to keep moving.

"Shut up," Raven told Jasper as they came closer. It's clear Jasper was making the whole thing with Clarke, Finn and Raven even more awkward. "Both of you shut up," Bellamy ordered the pair, pulling me with him as we set off in search of the grounder meeting. Knowing them, this was not going to end well.

*****

The sun was just starting to rise as we came to a clearing below the bridge. I noticed Clarke's head turn towards us, gratitude reflecting in her eyes despite her nervous expression at facing the grounders. Raven and Jasper raised their guns to keep them trained at the meeting, so they were prepared to shoot anytime the grounders showed brutality. I kept my gun pointed at the ground, as did Bellamy, the both of us just choosing to observe the scene for now. I noticed Bellamy's expression change when he noticed Octavia embrace the grounder who had been locked up in the dropship. Glancing back at my brother, I noticed his saddened expression. He must have believed that they had something special.

"Grounder princess looks pissed," Raven commented, her face uneasy. Bellamy merely shrugged in response. "Our princess has that effect." A smile came to my mouth as I remembered the time before, when Bellamy and Clarke were competing to be leaders. Before we learnt we had to work together in order to survive down here. We continued to keep a close eye on the conversation, prepared for any sign of attack.

"Oh no. Oh this is bad." Jasper's hushed voice came from behind me, causing the three of us to turn to him in question. "The hell are you talking about?" I raised my own gun to look through the glass, noticing that there were many grounders armed in the tress, aiming their arrows at Clarke. "They're in the trees," I gasped out. Bellamy and Raven lifted their own guns to check, all of our horrified expressions mirroring each other.

"They're going to shoot, Clarke run!" Jasper screamed, running out below the bridge and shooting at the grounders in the trees. I noticed the grounder pull something out of her sleeve, reflecting the sunlight into my eye. Without hesitation, I shot her arm to stop her killing Clarke. The blonde turned, relief flooding into her eyes. The four of us kept shooting at the grounders firing arrows, as the others were able to make their way to safety off of the bridge. Bellamy pulled me back by the elbow, when he realized we were both out of bullets, determined to get away safely. Before I could run much further, I felt a searing pain in my calf, causing me to fall to the ground. Noticing a grounder still in the trees, firing arrows at us, including the one in my leg, Jasper shot him quickly, before he and Bellamy threw my arms over their shoulders, running back to camp.

*****

The group managed to get back to camp as the sun had gone down, putting us all in darkness, as we all breathed heavily after our encounter with the grounders. The arrow was still in my leg, making me feel slightly weak between Jasper and Bellamy. I pulled my arm off of them, ready to shrink onto the ground until I felt two hands supporting my waist. Instead of fighting him, I allowed my head to rest on Bellamy's chest, feeling his heaving breaths as the group glanced at each other, each one daring the other to talk first.

"Got something to say?" Bellamy asked Finn defensively. "Yeah I told you no guns!" Finn shouted at Clarke. "I told you we couldn't trust the grounders, I was right," Clarke told him in response. Raven came in next. "Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" she asked Finn, sounding quite hurt at his lies. "I tried but you were too busy making bullets for your gun."

"Finn, they were going to kill you," I told him, with less energy than the others. "Yeah, you're lucky she brought that," Bellamy told him. "They already shot Kira, they would have done that to you if we hadn't have been there."

Finn was fuming now, exasperated with all of us because he truly believed he was trying to do the right thing. "You don't know that, Jasper fired the first shot!" Jasper looked incredulously at Finn, as Octavia finally came into the conversation. "You ruined everything," she told him before turning away from the group and heading towards the tents.

"I saved you!" shouted Jasper, completely furious at Octavia's accusation. "You're welcome," he said, pushing past us to get back to the tents. I felt hurt that he didn't stay, because I had an arrow lodged in my leg, but I decided to let it pass for now.

"Well if we weren't at war already, we sure as hell are now. You didn't have to trust the grounders. You just had to trust me." Finn told Clarke before he too left the conversation, Raven following closely behind him. Clarke looked at Bellamy and me, hurt at what Finn said but with a look that told us both she was sticking to her guns. "Best Unity Day ever," Bellamy told Clarke sarcastically. Clarke looked at my leg, before bending down to break the arrow head off, causing me to groan in pain. "
A little warning next time?!" I asked between the pain. Clarke looked guilty, as she examined my leg. "We need to get her to dropship, we can deal with it properly then." As we turned to leave, a loud boom echoed in the night sky. When we looked up, we saw something that we had been expecting.

"The exodus ship? Your mom's early," Bellamy joked with Clarke, as she smiled up at the sky. It didn't last longer than a minute.
"Wait, something's wrong. It's too fast. No parachute," Clarke explained. An explosion sounded from very far in the distance, alerting us that the ship had crashed. Clarke collapsed to the floor in tears, as Bellamy and I exchanged sorrowful glances between the sobbing leader and each other.

"K-k-Kira, your dad." My blood turned to ice at her words. "What about my dad Clarke?" I asked in a voice that sounded relatively even but threatened to break.

"He was on the ship," Clarke sobbed out, as I felt my heart shatter in my chest. If it weren't for Bellamy's arms supporting me, I would have landed next to Clarke.

"Who?" I choked out, avoiding looking at Bellamy or Clarke, but keeping my gaze focused on the distance.

"Kane. Marcus Kane."