"Whatever the hell we want"

After scavenging in the drop ship to see if there was anything worth holding onto, I headed out into the centre of the camp where a fire had been built and people were all gathered around it. Swinging the pack further on my back, I glanced into the fire to see many of the metal wristbands on the grassy floor. Grumbling in frustration, I understand when I see one of Murphy's goons prising a wristband off a young girl. As it comes off, there's cheering. Bellamy stands there looking pleased with himself, before turning to the rest of the crowd. "Who's next?"

"What the hell are you doing?" I stand up as Wells comes closer to the fire, demanding to know what's going on. I approach alongside Wells, who seems to have his head screwed on properly. Bellamy turns to face us, smirking. Murphy looks directly at me, causing Wells to put his arm up to try and block the older boys from me. "We're liberating ourselves, what does it look like?" Bellamy answered crossing his arms over his chest. "It looks like you're trying to get us all killed," Wells limped over toward Bellamy, whereas I slightly hung back, not keen with having too much attention.

"The communication system is dead, these wristbands are all we've got. Take them off, and the Ark will think were dying, that it's not safe for them to follow." Wells tried to reason, but Bellamy was having none of it. "That's the point, Chancellor," Bellamy shot back, "we can take care of ourselves. Can't we?" At this, the entire crowd cheered in agreement. I was about to turn around, fed up with this level of stupidity. "What about you, Jordan?" I stopped, when I heard Bellamy call my name, not turning to face him. "You were locked up on the Ark for something that shouldn't even be called a crime. If anyone has a reason to take off their wristband, its you." I turned sharply to see Bellamy smirking but there was also this pleading look in his eyes.

"Ok, listen here Blake. One, I may have been locked up for something wrong, but that only applies to the guard and council members. What about all the others who want to see Earth? By taking off my wristband, not only am I fuelling your intensely big ego, I am taking away the chance of others discovering a life on Earth." I glared directly at Bellamy, who found the entire situation amusing. Murphy tried to get closer, with the crowbar in his hand.

"You think this is a game?" Wells slipped in. "Kira's right. Those just aren't our friends, and our parents up there. They're our farmers, our doctors, our engineers. I don't care what he tells you. We won't survive here on our own." Wells nodded at me, grateful that I had his back, before facing the ringleaders. "And besides, if it really is safe, why would you not want the rest of our people to come down?"

"My people already are down. Those people locked my people up, including you Jordan," Bellamy tried to reason with me, but I avoided his gaze. "Those people killed my mother and hers," Bellamy points at me, but continues talking to Wells, "for the crime of having a second child. Your father did that."

I suddenly felt really awkward and wanted to leave, hating being dragged into this. I don't know what I want. Yes, I want the guard and the chancellor to regret having a twelve-year-old locked up, but how can I place such a burden on all the good people up on the Ark. Not Wells though, he was getting angry. "My father didnt write the laws."

"No he enforced them. But not anymore. Not here. Here, there are no laws. Here we do whatever the hell we want, like you said Jordan." I stared up at him in disbelief, twisting my own words for his own selfish vendetta. "You don't have to like it Wells, you can even try to stop it, change it. Kill me. You know why? Whatever the hell we want." Bellamy looks triumphantly between Wells and I, because now he has the crowd onside.

"Whatever the hell we want!" Murphy goads the crowd and sure enough, soon they are all shouting the same words. My words. I turn away from Bellamy and Wells, preparing to head into the dropship, when the sky rumbles. Water starts falling and I realise this must be rain. The water cools down my hot skin from the heat of the fire and now, I truly do feel free. I twirl around, throwing my arms up, thankful that I got to see this.

Bellamy POV

"We should collect this," Wells suggests. I nod in agreement, before glancing at Kira, who is in a state of bliss in the rain. "Whatever the hell you want," I tell Wells, before he leaves. Murphy comes up to me swinging the bar. "Who's next?" Murphy asks, glancing around the camp.

"Do you know her?" I point at Kira, who still seems unaware of her surroundings. Murphy chuckles, smiling to himself. "Met her on the drop ship, doesn't say much, but when shes pissed at you, she makes you aware of it."

I remember my promise to Jasper. Keep her safe. But that goes out of my mind. My priority is making sure the Ark never comes down. As the rain beats down upon us, I point at Kira, who still has her back to us.

"I want her wristband."