"I couldn't live with myself if you had been hurt"

We followed the grounder until we came to a cave. Bellamy marched forward, Finn and Jasper on his tail. "Monroe, Jordan, watch the entrance," Bellamy ordered, not sparing a look back. Jasper looked at me sympathetically but didn't argue with Bellamy. What an asshole. Monroe just smirked at me. "Are you gonna-"I laughed; she knew me well by now. "What do you think?" I replied as I walked into the cave.

"Get the key." My heart lifted upon hearing Octavias voice, seeing her hugging Bellamy. Jasper was next, but Finn was knelt down next to the grounder who was unconscious. I slipped quietly next to Finn who was looking at something in the Grounders belt. I looked to see a foghorn. Wait, did the grounder warn us?

"We should go before he wakes up," Octavia tried to plead with her brother. Finn looked at the horn turning it over in his hand, his confused expression mirroring mine. "He's not going to wake up, Finn mo-, what the hell Jordan?!" Bellamy finally noticed that I had slipped into the cave. I rolled my eyes at Bellamys antics. Neither of us moved from next to the grounder. "Foghorn," Finn said, realisation crossing his face.

Then all hell broke loose.

The grounder jumped up, slashing at my arm, before plunging the knife into Finn's abdomen. Finn fell into me, whilst the grounder attacked Bellamy. "Stop, thats my brother!" Octavia cried, trying to plead with the grounder. My heart was in my mouth. I was watching Bellamy fight for his life, whilst holding an unconscious Finn in my arms, who could be dying. Jasper acted first, striking the grounder on the head with a spear. Bellamy pushed himself up, whilst Jasper approached me, his hand reaching for the knife. "No Jasper, don't," Bellamy told him, coming over to lift Finn off me. "We need to get back to camp. Now."

*****

"Clarke, where's Clarke?" Jasper yelled when we got back. Clarke came out of the dropship looking alarmed at Jasper's panic, followed by Raven. "What is it?" Clarke's eyes then landed on Finn in Bellamy's arms. "Oh my God, Finn!" Raven cried, whilst Clarke ordered some people to get him to the dropship. "Clarke, can you save him?" I pleaded with her. "Not me, I need my mother," Clarke looked panicked. "The radio's still out," Raven looked close to tears. "Raven, fix it." Now I remembered why Clarke was a leader.

I zoned out of their conversation, staggering to go and sit by the campfire. Something sticky stained my hands. I looked down to see my hand covered in blood, coming from a cut in my arm.

"Stop blaming me for your mistakes!" I heard Octavia yell. I turned to look around, seeing her yelling at Bellamy. "What happened to Finn was not my fault. I wanted to leave, so if Finn dies in there, that's on you! Everything that has gone wrong is because of you. You got me locked up on the Ark, you wanted me to go to that stupid dance, you got mom killed!" My heart clenched at the sight of the siblings fighting.

"Mom's dead because of you." Bellamy shot back. "She's dead because you're alive. That was her choice. I didn't have a choice. My life ended the day you were born." I stopped short. That was too far. Even for Bellamy. But there was a small part of me that bugged me. Maybe Jasper felt the same. Octavia turned away from Bellamy, going into the dropship, when a loud crash of thunder erupted. I decided to head to the dropship, until a hand pulled me back.

"What the hell was that back there?!" Bellamy yelled. "I told you to stay outside, you didn't and look what happened!"
"What, you can't blame Octavia, so blame me?!" I yelled, feeling my legs shaking slightly. I ignored it. "I didn't plan on Finn getting stabbed, I didn't know that was going to happen, so don't you dare blame me!" I walked away until Bellamy grabbed my arm where I was cut. I hid my wince.

"That could have been you! Lying there with a knife inside of you! You don't understand."

"Understand what Bellamy?!" the forest had started to blur slightly but my eyes remained on him.

"I couldnt bear it. If that had been you." The anger I had felt melted away, replaced by shock. "I couldn't live with myself if you had been hurt." His hand shifted down my arm to my hand, causing me to wince. I couldn't hide it this time.

"What the-" Oh God, I didn't clean my hand!

"What happened?!" He asked brushing my sleeve down, exposing the cut. "Guess I did get hurt huh?" My legs gave out, but Bellamy was quick to catch me.

"Maybe next time I should listen to you," I murmured, before my eyes closed.