"You're not a monster"

I forced my legs to move as I heard Dax rise from the chair to make his way out of the tent. I watched him glance down at his knife before he took off out of camp. I glanced around, hoping to see someone I could tell, but something was off. Everyone appeared to be acting rather strangely. I jumped when someone grabbed hold of me from behind but relaxed when I saw it was Jasper. "Jas, hey I need you to"- but he cut me off.

"No Kira, we need to hide, the grounders are coming, they're already here!" I glanced around confused at what Jasper was looking at. There was nothing there. "Don't worry Kira, I'll protect you," he declared pushing me behind him only to run into Octavia.

"Jasper, I have something for you." I watched as she passed him a stick. Jasper looked confused as well. "It's a stick," he muttered in disbelief.

"No, this is an anti-grounder stick, and when you hold it, no grounder can attack you." Ok, now I was beyond confused. Octavia led Jasper to a chair, patting his shoulder reassuringly. "Now no one can hurt you," she told him before grabbing my arm. "Have you eaten any of these?" Octavia held up a bag of the rations. I had seen some of the delinquents carrying them around but hadn't had any of the nuts yet, so I shook my head. "Well don't, they will make hallucinate." Suddenly it made sense as to why the delinquents were acting weird. But I now knew I had a chance to leave without someone stopping me.

"Octavia, now's your chance, get the grounder out of here," I said, before heading off in the direction of the wall. "Wait! What are you doing?" She called to me.

I smiled to hold my panic back. I couldn't tell her the truth. "I'm going on a day trip."

*****

I'd been walking for at least an hour now and the sun was already setting, putting me in the darkness. I knew it was a risk, walking in the dark forest with grounders lurking everywhere, but I had to try and help Bellamy. I turned the knife over in my hand as I walked, my palms growing sweatier. I was scared I might be too late. I heard a gun cock not more than 100 feet in front of me. My eyes adjusted to the dark to see Dax pointing a gun at Bellamy. Where the hell did he get a gun?

As I was about to intervene, I heard another gun cock, behind him. Turning, I saw Clarke pointing the gun directly at Dax. None of them had heard or seen me creep up. "Drop it Dax," the blonde leader ordered.

"You should have stayed down there Clarke, but Shumway said no witnesses. Guess I'll have to kill you as well."

"What's he talking about?" Clarke asked Bellamy who seemed to be snapping out of a trance-like state.

"Shumway set it up, he gave me the gun to kill the Chancellor." Bellamy sighed in defeat. My heart dropped in my stomach. Shumway? That asshole!

"Walk away now, and I won't shoot you," Dax warned Clarke, but she held her ground, and fired the gun. Only to here a click.

"Dammit," I heard her mutter, before Dax began firing. "No!" Bellamy's yell echoed all around the forest as Clarke stumbled behind the tree where I was, almost crashing into me.

"Kira?" She gasped out, trying to get her gun to work, but I held a finger to my lips. I heard Bellamy pummelling Dax but saw as Dax managed to get the upper hand. Clarke tried again to pry Dax off of Bellamy but to no avail. Dax had the upper hand. He was going to kill him.

'I couldn't live with myself if you had been hurt.'

Bellamy's words echoed in my head as my mind replayed everything. Him saving me from the hole, holding me when I was in pain, looking after my burn, stopping me getting hurt in the Murphy brawl. I couldn't watch him die. I ran forward, leaping onto Dax's back, before shoving my knife into his neck.

Dax fell backwards on top of me, struggling to breathe, until I felt his last breath drain out of him. Although I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move to push him off me. Two people pushed him off, before helping me sit against the tree. My mind couldnt focus.

I killed someone.

Third Person POV

Clarke and Bellamy were talking, trying their best to reassure one another but their attention was solely on the Jordan girl, who had yet to speak. Clarke looked at the other leader in pity. "If you were really a monster, why did Kira do what she did? Why did she save you?" Bellamy couldn't answer, his eyes on Kira, who was looking straight ahead.

"Because you're not a monster." The two leaders were shocked to hear her talk considering she looked spaced out.

"We should head back," Bellamy decided. Clarke nodded, going back into the bunker to grab something, leaving Kira alone with Bellamy. He could tell the young girl was in shock, so once he had taken some of the guns from Clarke, he swung the girl up in his arms. He couldn't quite comprehend what had happened. She had killed someone. She had lost her innocence. For him. So she could save him.

*****

"Let the grounders come," Bellamy announced as he walked back into camp, Clarke at his side. Kira managed to jump out of his arms, going to sit by the camp-fire. Bellamy watched her go before he and Clarke showed the rest of the 100 the guns they had found. "These are not toys," Clarke told them. "And when the guard come down, we must be prepared to give them up." Bellamy, finally accepting the guards authority nodded in agreement with her. "Training starts tomorrow."

Kiras POV

"Hey K," Jasper came to sit next to me, placing a blanket over my shoulders. I raised my head in acknowledgement. Jasper sighed. "Bellamy told me what you did, and Kira, its ok." Jasper had taken my hand. "He came back, he got pardoned, it's going to be ok." My eyes were still on my hands, covered with Dax's dry blood.

Jasper looked slightly uncomfortable but edged closer to me. "Kira, I need to talk to you. When Clarke first got the communications working, I was told to go and talk to someone. I was confused. I thought we only had each other. Someone wants to talk to you."

I had no one on the Ark, all my friends and family were down here with me. "Who?" I asked my older brother. He looked into my eyes, pity falling from them.

"Your father."