24. The Dance of The Stars

*Note: I use a song here that is from another Fandom, have a guess once you get there. So just crediting that it isn't my song, I do not own it in any way, just thought it fit the scene.*

Théoden started the night of celebration on a very sombre note. There were traditions to uphold and soldiers to honour, so with a cup of drink in everyone's grasp one silent drink was taken.

Memories of the fallen were being mulled over in the minds of the people of Rohan. The Fellowship remembered the fallen friends of the Lothlórien elves, Morel focusing on Haldir and the broken promise she held.

After the commemorative drink music started up, chatter followed as those attending the celebratory feast greeted friends and spoke of bittersweet memories of their fallen friends and family.

Legolas set his cup down on the log table before him, the ale inside it was not strong at all, much to his disappointment, but it left a bitter taste on his tongue. Only if they had the time and no commitments, he would have asked for elven wine, always sweet and bursting with taste. Plus, it was the only stuff he knew he would get drunk with after a few glasses, unlike the ale and wine here in Edoras.

Stuck in thought of the fruit and spice brewed drink he lacked to notice Morel slipping from his side. She took his silence as him remembering parted friends, having assumed the Woodland Prince was on higher terms than acquaintances with the fair elves of Lothlórien.

So, with wary steps, watching the erratic movements of the socialising people, Morel made her way to a corner of the Hall. She had spotted a group of smaller silhouettes, and knowing the two Troublemakers and Gimli were already knee deep in ale that left her younger acquaintances.

The children of Edoras.

Morel never much cared for the socialising aspect of celebrations, and with a skill of being able to vanish within the shadows of all settings she avoided it very well. She enjoyed the music, having heard hundreds of songs through her travels, but also avoided the dancing as being blind did hinder learning new dances.

A few higher pitch joyful yells met Morel's ears as she drew close to the group, some calling out Night Wanderer in recognition of the grey-haired elf.

They knew this elf and the one from the days before were the same, there were no other elves remaining in Edoras other than those from the Fellowship and the she-elf had the same silver hair as the Wanderer.

Smiling as they greeted her Morel tried her best to listen to all their individual words as they came out jumbled in a mixture of voices. Using her hand to slow them all down Morel couldn't help but chuckle at the overall desire to hear a tale.

But then again, they all knew she was a Wanderer, and Wanderers always have great stories of adventure and magic.

So, sitting on a wooden crate against the wall Morel started reciting some of her older adventures, leaving out the gruesome details so her audience were not plagued with night terrors when they laid down to sleep. She told them of the mountains that stretched for the skies, of the large green forests where trees spoke in creaks and groans, of the many Kingdoms of various races in Arda, and of the night sky which guided her to all these places.

Her small audience sat close together, eyes wide at these new places and people, completely hypnotised by the soft words coming from the elf's lips.

One of the younger girls sat beside Morel, eyes fixed on the blue and purple orbs looking down at the group. The young girl had held Morel's hand since she came over to the group, having been there when Morel played with the children on their lengthy journey to Helm's Deep. She knew she was safe beside the elf, a comfortable blanket on all the children due to the same reason.