Chapter 11 ✪ Proper Introductions

The Fellowship had spent two days in Lothlórien and Morel was still unconscious in a Healer's flet.

Legolas visited the unconscious elleth three times every day. He would speak of things that occurred while in the forest, which wasn't much to his knowledge. 

Aragorn also visited the elf as she slept. With him, Merry and Pippin also visited the elleth. They were fascinated by how she had used her magic to hide herself away.

As the second day ended Legolas reentered the room. To his surprise, Lady Galadriel stood by the open window. "My Lady," He bowed slightly, "I was not aware you were here."

She chuckled at the Prince's words. "It is fine Legolas, I just came to check on young Morel."

The two moved to the bed, Morel stirred in her sleep slightly as Legolas sat on the edge. Lady Galadriel sat down also, more by Morel's hip where there was more space.

With a soft hand, Legolas held hers and gave a light squeeze; he repeated this action every time he visited. With no response, Legolas traced small patterns on the palm of Morel's slim hand.

"Don't worry young Prince she will wake." The Lady reassured. She had foreseen the waking of the Princess and smiled lightly as the scene played out before her.

The Prince glanced up at the Lady while drawing the pattern of a Mirkwood leaf on Morel's pale palm. He did not doubt her words, but Morel was, as deemed by Gandalf, under Legolas's care so he did worry for her.

"You worry too much." A small, strained voice whispered.

The two elves turned to the head of the bed. Morel's eyes fluttered open, squinting, while her eyes flicked about, never focusing on anything in view.

Legolas sighed slightly in relief. "Yes, and you test death too willingly." He countered lightly.

Morel turned to where his voice came from. Her mind was black and no voices filled her head.

Lightly Legolas squeezed her hand, trying to convey his playful statement, in return a small smile appeared briefly on her features.

The smile faded as she started to wake her body up. Slowly she moved her arms, wincing slightly as she moved her right shoulder, before sitting up. Legolas knew no point in protesting her actions, she was stubborn like a dwarf, yet it was a better quality.

Once sat up she trailed her hands over her shoulder. Under her fingertips she could feel the bandage and how it wrapped over her chest. On her legs she could still feel her leather trousers, though now baggy and longer just slightly.

"Where is my shirt?" She questioned quietly after her hands finished dancing over her pale skin.

Lady Galadriel smiled slightly at the elleth, it was obvious her wounds were not as limiting as the healer previously thought.

"I have some clothing for you." Lady Galadriel moved from the bed edge to the cupboard in the room. "I thought you would rather wear a simple outfit than a gown."

She picked up the clothing and offered it out to Morel. Legolas watched as Morel stayed still. His eyes moved to hers as he cast Morel a curious glance.

Their vibrant green was once again gone, replaced by a mix of blue and light purple he had never seen on an elf before. But more than that her eyes were clouded over, reminding him too much of the sky during the winters when the sunset and the clouds softly moved in the wind.

Everything started clicking into place. From her more unconventional ways of doing everything at the start of the journey to what had been said in the last week or so, he finally understood that both she and Gandalf had not meant her blindness as a metaphor. She is truly blind.