Chapter 12 ✪ Time in Lothlórien

Around a week after her conversation with Lady Galadriel, where she informed her of her Lady and the Council and their ways, Morel was finally able to join the Fellowship in their small piece of land where they had been camping. 

The Healers had insisted that she stayed in a flet, more for them to keep an eye on her, but her stubbornness resulted in her watching the Hobbits as they slept in their tents. Morel had found the flet uncomfortable and restricting, too acclimated with the wild lands.

Morel and Aragorn sat around a small fire in the centre of their grove speaking in Elvish about their travels. Morel was quite intrigued by the Ranger's journeys and tales; for her, it was bizarre that he travelled as he willed with none to guide him.

For Aragorn, he found pleasure in retelling his tales over the last few decades, especially to the ears of one who did not question nor judge him for what he had done in the past.

Most evenings did not go like this for Morel. Instead, she would wander around Lothlórien talking to her Lady and the Council or teach Lady Galadriel about the Night Council. Even Lord Celeborn would listen in as she spoke of those that guided her.

In the days she would practice with the hobbits their skills with a blade, or sleep. A Healer had caught her once duelling, lecturing her of the risk to her arm, before Morel lectured her back. She kept the arm slung at their request and only duelled the hobbits with her free arm, she saw no wrong in doing that.

That was a part of how Morel became known as a Wild Elf across Lothlórien. Her manners were unlike those of a normal elf, although she was not mannerless. She also held her priorities differently from the Lothlórien elves so she stuck out slightly like a sore thumb, eyes always on her.

One of the days, as she mentored the hobbits, she used their break to wield her blades properly. It had been close to three weeks since she was able to wield them properly and, with the permission of a Healer, she used both arms to go through a series of movements.

Stood in the middle of the training grounds she started off slow. Her blades swiped the air, creating no noise, and circled around her. The movements were defensive, they would protect against any strike.

Gaining speed she added a few attacking strikes. By the end she was moving fast, feet spinning on the spot -though sometimes stepping once in any direction- with her blades spinning at a frightfully fast speed.

The hobbits watched in awe as she spun the blades. Though they could not see the movements exactly, due to them being too fast, they saw the glimmer of her blades as they moved.

Her small practice also caught the eyes of the Guards who stood nearby. Before they were watching the hobbits and their clumsiness with a sword but now they watched in fascination as the Wild Elf spun her blades in a fast and precise manner.

Coming to a full stop Morel abruptly sheathed her swords and turned back to the hobbits who stood with wide eyes.

"Come on then Halflings, let's see a duel."

From the side, Morel watched as Sam and Frodo duelled as did Pippin and Merry. In the silhouettes of her mind she saw how their skill had grown since battling with Boromir on the rocks.

As she watched them a few of the Guards of Lothlórien approached her from her left side, as did Legolas but on her right.

"Good afternoon Prince and Guards," Her words were followed by a clash of Merry and Pippin's blades, "What can I do for you?"

Chuckling at the hobbits Legolas looked at who was to go first. With a nod from Haldir Legolas moved closer to Morel's side, facing the hobbits as she did.