45: Deleted Scenes

Welcome to the deleted scenes chapter! These are scenarios and scenes I wrote but ended up excluding, either as they didn't fit into the plot or I had to make adjustments with the story progression so they no longer made sense. Some may seem out of character but they were just random ideas I didn't develop much on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Duel With Haldir - Lothlórien 
(Originally planned instead of the display of Morrandir/Morel's skills with a blade)

As she watched the Hobbits practice a few of the Guards of Lothlórien approached Morel from her left side, as did Legolas but on her right.

"Good afternoon Prince and Guards," Her words were followed by a clash of Merry and Pippin's blades, "What can I do for you?"

Chuckling at the Hobbits Legolas made eye contact with Haldir for who was to go first. With a nod from Haldir Legolas moved closer to Morel's side.

"I see you are better." He commented while watching the duels of the Hobbits. "I am glad you are healed."

A small smile tugged at Morel's lips but she did not bid herself the time to smile. Glancing at Legolas in the corner of her eye she watched his figure slightly before talking.

"Thank you, Prince. My wound was nothing but a small error causing a fault in our journey."

Feeling some tension rise as Legolas looked back to Morel, he seemed ready to tell her she was wrong and that her wound was no burden, Haldir stepped forward making his presence known.

"Princess Morel, your fighting style is impressive and the Guards of Lothlórien would like to challenge you to a friendly duel."

Morel turned more to look at the people standing behind Haldir. The Guards were dressed in their armour and held their heads high.

"That sounds like a nice challenge, Haldir. Although, you would not be challenging the Princess but rather a Wanderer if you wish to duel me."

With a nod and a bow, Haldir took her offer, telling her a time and place to meet the next day for the duel.

As Haldir left, guards in a formal line in tow, Legolas also left Morel's side. He needed some time to think, some time to collect himself.

He was frustrated by Morel's words and how she made herself seem like a burden and unnecessarily apologise for nothing in her control.

- - - time skip - - -

Morel made her way swiftly to a clearing in the forest, she had been told before it was the training grounds of the Lothlórien Guards.

As she got closer to the grove her sight could make out a cluster of people bordering the grass. The Fellowship stood, along with the Lord and Lady of the forest, while the rest were fellow Guards and people of Lothlórien.

Sighing as she approached Morel slowly squeezed through the small crowd before joining the Fellowship. As she did so Legolas spotted her in the crowd, her silver hair standing out against the gold and bronze hair of the Lothlórien elves.

Once at their side Morel straightened her back slightly awaiting what was to be next. Haldir stood with some of his Guard, a few who had spotted Morel but were to have yet pointed her out. Instead, they stood making wagers whether or not the Captain of the Guards would win the friendly match against the Wanderer.

As Haldir laughed at one of the wagers his eyes spotted the grey hair of his opponent as she spoke to Aragorn about something he had told her before.

Taking the lead Haldir straightened up, ensuring his sword at his side, before striding to the centre of the grove. He caught everyone's attention rather quickly. "Are you ready Morel? I represent the Guard of Lothlórien in this duel."