Chapter 10 ✪ Untold Secret

The evening fell as the Fellowship entered the borders of a large forest.

Morrandir struggled as he walked, but he did not voice his pain. He needed to be no more of a burden to the Fellowship than he already had been that day, mind riddled with these thoughts.

In his mind the Council had awoken and spoke, loud and continuous, so pressure built in his head, testing his pain threshold. They were quick to assume, telling him he needed to be stronger than he had been so far.

He wanted to scream but knew it would do no good, it would bring more attention to the group of misfits than they need. He also wanted to cry for the pain the loss of Gandalf was causing. His heart ached as no words of reassurance were spoken by the Council.

His body also screamed with every step. He could feel the wound on his back bleeding and the broken skin burned with each movement. Then his side burned; every inhale seemed to light a new flame, though more dull than his back, but he knew it was bruising badly.

Before him the Fellowship walked, heads low, as Gimli tried to change the mood. He spoke nervously of the Sorceress of these woods. It was clear to tell his words came from stories made by a dwarf who very much hated the elves.

Morrandir, stumbling slightly, was caught by Legolas who cast a concerned look at the male's face.

"You are so pale." Legolas gulped while taking Morrandir's left arm, hoisting the male's body weight onto himself.

Naturally, Morrandir would protest but he couldn't focus anymore. His head felt heavy and the pain he was subjected to only worsened his state. 

Surely he would die soon, were his only thoughts as his Council spoke onward about more obscure matters.

Just as Legolas started walking again, supporting Morrandir with each step, a swarm of armed Elves surrounded them. Arrows were aimed at all their heads as the Captain stepped forward.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." The Captain remarked with a slight smirk. Aragorn spoke to him in Elvish, Gimli trying to convince the Fellowship to retreat out of the woods- find another way to travel.

Haldir glanced over the group, trying to recognise any familiar faces, "You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back."

Legolas looked up to meet Haldir's eyes. "We need help, please. He is wounded." The Prince glanced back at Morrandir who was as white as snow.

"Come," Haldir locked eyes with Frodo. "She is waiting."

Giving one another more than hesitant glances the Fellowship followed as the armed elves motioned for them to follow their leader.

Haldir led the Fellowship into Lothlórien, a beauty to the eyes of the Fellowship who had never seen such a marvellous place before. 

The beautiful forest was not at all acknowledged by Morrandir's eyes.

It was vast in size, with trees reaching the sky and onwards. The setting sun was creating orange speckles through the tree, like fire beckoning them closer to its welcoming glow.

The hobbits all gazed around with big eyes as they spotted the bridges and steps coming from trees making up a network for the elven folk living in the forest. This was a place that would be only in the dreams of a hobbit if that hobbit was daring to even think of an elven home.

Aragorn spoke with Haldir as they walked, Gimli close behind and axe in hand ready to defend himself. Boromir walked promptly behind the hobbits, he was amazed at the forest around him but felt unsettled by the hostility of the elves as they kept themselves armed.