Chapter 3 ✪ The Meeting Foretold

The dawn of the next day broke through the trees of Rivendell very subtly. Morrandir only knew of the new day through the fading voices of the Council before him.

Throughout the night they told him of his role for the upcoming day. A private meeting around the Ring was being held as Elrond had summoned people of all races to his home. There would be many of Morrandir's friends and acquaintances in the meeting, he had been warned by the Council not to become distracted by them.

During the night the wounded halfling's company had made it to Rivendell with the guidance of a Ranger and awaited the awakening of their companion. Their companion stayed asleep on the bed from the day before, but it would not be too long before he woke.

While awaiting the awakening of the halfling, Morrandir ventured down from his room and towards the open paddock where Celebrandir roamed. He had been finding the continuous attempts of socialising with elves very tiring, even if he had only been in Rivendell a little more than a day, and the calm company of his travel companion was much desired instead.

On his way down he caught the eye of an old acquaintance who stood smoking his pipe. The Grey Wizard watched as the hooded figure walked from the main building, something similar in their way of walking to an old friend.

As Morrandir made it to the field he gave out a sharp whistle. The ears of all horses on the field perked up but only one responded by going off into a trot toward the rider.

With a gentle hand, Morrandir welcomed the horse who grunted a greeting to him. The two walked around the field as he explained the plan of the Council to Celebrandir.

"I am to let you free soon my friend-" The horse nudged the rider in disagreement- "but I will call on you, a time in which I need you and your kin. It will be a battle I expect, something where lives from both sides part from this world."

The horse trotted before stopping at a small grove. The male followed and took a seat at the root of an old oak tree, Celebrandir resting beside him. Quietly Morrandir fiddled with the steed's hair, tying the black mane into a variety of braids.

Watching the elves walk around the main buildings and fields of Rivendell, Morrandir noticed movement in the room of the halfling. Elrond along with an old friend spoke to the halfling who was now awake. Curiously Morrandir parted from the steed and headed up to the building, Elrond also leaving the room at a similar time.

As Morrandir made it to the open corridor so did Elrond who spoke informingly. "Frodo is awake and well because of you." He paused while handing back the now empty bottle which had held a green liquid. "We are to hold a meeting later today -many of different races will be arriving for it from now on."

Morrandir nodded, his unasked questions answered.

"If you'll excuse me, I have some training to do." Morrandir bowed before excusing himself.

Elrond chuckled at the male's eccentricity while he walked away to the forest where he wandered for the rest of the morning, watching the approaching visitors of Rivendell. 

He spent a small amount of time going around the trees, following an old training route from his youth, before stopping as a few eyes of the Guards who were also training fell on him.

As the afternoon drew near Morrandir watched from the gardens that sat below his room as people made themselves at home in Rivendell's halls.

Elrond had started to guide some to the secluded meeting place for the meeting of the council. Following the idea and heading there himself Morrandir walked a back path, hidden from the others by the shade of the building.