Chapter 13 ✪ Boats and Blades

The time for the Fellowship to carry on with their quest came and once again Morel was more than happy to be back in the open land of Middle Earth.

They had spent four weeks in the magical forest of Lothlórien, and although there was enough space to wander around and always find something new, Morel was becoming more anxious that they were wasting precious time.

She understood that they all needed time to grieve the loss of Gandalf, replenish their energy and pack essentials and for her to heal but four weeks was more than enough.

There had been a contributing talk of the Council to her nerves. They kept urging her to prompt moving on, telling her things were happening elsewhere that would affect them but would not tell her the details. She presumed it was a rise in orc activity, something that would be advantageous to their enemy.

A large feast was held before their parting, much to Gimli's and the hobbits' delight. Before the feast could begin, Galadriel gifted them all with Lembas for food, dark grey elven cloaks with elven brooches of the Lothlórien leaf, Boats for the Audin and Sam received some elven rope.

Morel had packed all these small gifts away into her pack. The cloak she wore on her shoulders, it replaced the one from her years of travel which had accumulated tears and stains over the centuries. Her old cloak sat in her pack, folded neatly, as Morel knew it could be useful in later days.

At the parting feast, Morel was appreciative as Lady Galadriel gave them gifts. Most were of elven items, each with a personalised sentiment to the members of the Fellowship.

Aragorn was given an Elfstone, something Morel knew very little of but from what she remembered from cultural lessons with Elrond it was a wedding gift. After that Aragorn was gifted a sheath for Anduril, something much more useful for the journey.

Boromir was given a golden belt, and the two Troublemakers were gifted belts of silver as well. With their adoration of the Gondorian Morel found their gifts, a miniature of Boromir's, very fitting.

Legolas was handed a bow, his eyes shining at the detailing and beautiful craftsmanship.

Sam was gifted a small grey wooden box with a silver rune "G for Galadriel". Inside the box was earth from Galadriel's orchard. The box also contained a silver nut from a Mallorn tree, the last east of the sea and west of the mountains.

Gimli, after whispering words with the Lady of the forest, was given three strands of Galadriel's hair.

Lastly, the Phial of Galadriel was given to Frodo. She spoke some enlightening words to the hobbit as the phial was held in his fingers.

As Lady Galadriel turned to Morel the younger elf bowed slightly. Morel was much more unknown in social acts so the giving of gifts was foreign. As a small bundle of clothing was placed in her hands she shot Galadriel a questioning look.

"These are travel clothes entwined with magical threads from our best seamstresses. They will change with your form, ellon or elleth." Galadriel explained.

Smiling lightly at the idea Morel bowed again. She had always had issues regarding clothing and her shift between forms; Morrandir being taller than Morel made trousers a significant issue.

After the feast ended Morel had taken to shifting back to her male form, Morrandir's form being much more equipped for life in the Wild Lands. He held much more physical strength than his female form, who held more strength in magic, and with the expectant event of swordplay physical strength would be an advantage.

Dressed in the clothing that Galadriel had gifted him, Morrandir could see its magic at work, effortlessly adapting to the change in physique between female and male form.