Asleep at last

Warnings: none just some wholesome fluff :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

    You woke up to the sound of and incessant pounding on your door. You groaned and looked over at the clock on your bedside table. 2:30 am! Who the hell was banging on your door at 2:30 am! You grabbed your glasses and smushed them onto your face as you walked twords the door. You could tell they weren't exactly centered on your face but you were still to tired to fix them.

" Hello?" You asked tiredly and opened the door.

But as you did, you noticed no other than Spencer Reid. He was standing at the door with a guilty expression. He looked up at you and frowned.

" I'm sorry to wake you... I just... The nightmares... there umm.. there back and I-I just .."

Before he could finish his sentence you walked over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. He quickly returned it and burrowed his head into the crook of your neck. You both stood there like that for a long while.

" Do you wanna talk about it?" I said quietly as I walked him over to the couch in my living room.

Ever since he had got out of prison, he had terrible night terrors. It wasn't the same dream every night, but they were all equally terrible. When Spencer first told you about them you told him he could always come and talk to me about it. And he did, frequently. He was your best friend and you were both always there for each other.

" y-ya that would be nice." he said quietly as he looked down at the ground.

You patted down at the seat next to you, implying for him to come closer to talk. As he talked about the dream you both became tired. You had hugged him before so you were still wrapped in each others arms as you dozed off. And that's how you remained all night on the couch. He would stir in his sleep every once in while, and he woke up once, but when he saw your face he felt calmed and at peace and fell right back to sleep. You both did.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word count:364

So this story was little shorter than my last one but a little more wholesome. I also liked the idea that there wasn't any like romantic feelings, and more just two friends that comforted each other but tell me if your against it lol.