Fear

You, Reid, and Morgan strapped your bulletproof vests as you hopped out of the car. The rest of your team had gone to the unsubs work place and had no luck so they we're heading your way now.

    But with a 5 year old girls life on the line, you had no time to wait for backup. The adrenaline pumping through your veins made it hard to focus on the words Morgan were saying as you approached the door of the rough looking home.

" Reid you stick with (Y/L/N) and cover the downstairs. I'll get the upstairs. Got it?"  Morgan said unfamiliar tone.

Because Hotch wasn't here he was clearly trying to act as a type of leader until he arrived. Both nodding in agreement, Reid and I braced ourselves as Morgan took a step back and prepared to kick in the door.

" FBI!" You and Reid said simultaneously as the door slammed against the wall.

  You both entered cautiously as you entered the beaten down house. The floor boards were all in early stages of decay, and the walls of the home were spotted with holes and chipped paint. There was dust and cobwebs covering ever corner and crevice of this place.

  You walked further into the house with your guns aimed in front of you. As you turned around the corner you noticed the bloody footprints that led to a white door that was splatted with red.

" Spence..." you whispered as you gestured towards the door.

  He nodded as you both slowly approached the door. As he swung it open you turned around the corner abruptly, checking for your unsub. The room was small and dingy. The walls were covered in a fresh coat of jet black paint and There was a small light bulb that gave off a dim light, just barley illuminating the room. You pulled the flashlight off your belt as Spencer crouched down to enter. 

" FBI." Spencer said loudly once again as we entered. You looked back at him for a spilt second, and he smiled reassuringly.

  In the far right corner of the room was a figure that looked like a small girl. You let out a sigh of relief as you rushed over to the figure , and slowly holstered you gun. As you rushed to heard a loud thud behind you. Your head snapped around to see Spencer laying on the ground, unconscious.

" Spence?" You shrieked as you saw his lifeless looking body strewn across the floor.

Before you could say anything more you felt a sharp pain in the back of your head and just like that, the world around you went black.

Spencer's POV:

I awoke to the sound of police sirens and the voices of many. As my eyes slowly opened the violent blue and red flashing made my head throb. I could hear someone's voice speaking to me but I couldn't quite make put out who it belonged to.

" Spencer...Spencer can you hear me." JJ whispered softly.

You brushed the hair out of your face gently as you slowly looked around at your surroundings. You could tell you were in an ambulance, but... why?

" JJ.. where am I... what happened..?" You asked as you sat up abruptly cashing her to jump a little.

She let out a small sigh and looked at me sympathetically, clearly reluctant to tell me something.