Snow day

The cold air blew softly across the floor and into the covers that wrapped my warm body. I shivered slightly as I stretched with a big yawn. As my eyes fluttered open, I noticed that the world outside of the warm apartment was blanketed in white. I giggled in excitement as I turned to the warm body that laid next to me.

" Spencer! Spencer wake up!" I exclaimed excitedly as I shook him out of his deep sleep.

" What? Are you ok?" He asked groggily as he began to sat up.

" Of course I'm ok! I'm fantastic! Do you know why?" I asked as scooted close to him in my sheer excitement.

" No.. actually I don't" he said as he wiped the sleep from his eyes.

I took his arm and wrapped it around myself as I nuzzled into his chest. He kissed my forehead and grabbed his phone to check the time.

" Spencer it snowed!" I exclaimed as I planned our day of snow filled fun in my head.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes at me.

" (y/n) you seriously mean to tell me you woke me up on my day off for snow?" He said irritatedly as wrapped the blankets around himself and laid his head back on the pillow.

" Yes I did because snow is magical! So get your ass up and get dressed while I go make us some coffee. Cause after breakfast, we're going to play in the snow! You hear me!?" I exclaimed as I hopped out of bed.

I pulled one of Spencer's hoodies on as I skipped into the kitchen as I looked at the now white street out of his small window. There's wasn't a single soul outside. I poured the coffee into two cups and placed three pieces of toast into the toaster and skipped blissfully back into the bedroom.

" Spence your coffees in the kitchen!" I snickered.

He threw a pillow at me in frustration for making him actually get out of bed, making me giggle as I hurried into the bathroom and put on a pair of warm pants and a warm shirt to. I brushed my teeth and my hair which I pulled into two small braids on the side of my head and pulled a beanie over them.

I walked back out and noticed that Spencer was no longer in bed and I smiled widely. I made the bed and walked into the kitchen, a large grin still plastered across my face. He sat at the table and nibbled at the toast while I looked for our gloves and boots.

" Do we really have to play in the snow? I mean it's wet and cold and it's basically just rain but disguised as something pretty!" He whined as I sat down in the seat next to him.

" Hey! First off yes we are playing in the snow and that is final. Second, playing in the rain is equally as fun!" I scolded him as he looked at me with confusion.

" You would like playing In the rain." He scoffed and I giggled.

" Now come on! We've got snow to play in!"
——————————————————————————

     As we entered the foyer of his apartment I slightly adjusted the scarf that was wrapped around Spencer's neck and zipped his heavy down jacket up slightly. I adjusted mine as well and intertwined our glove covered hands.

" You ready?" I said softly.

He nodded in agreement and we walked out into the empty street. It was so quiet and peaceful that it almost felt unreal. I let go of his hand and skipped into the now empty street and extended my arms out. I giggled in content as I spun in the falling snow.

" Let's dance!" I beamed at Spencer who chuckled.

" But we don't have any music." He said slowly as he took my hand in his.

" Well then we'll just have to make our own won't we." I whispered as we both positioned our hands.

I hummed softly as we danced in the falling snow. We spun in circles ballroom style around the empty street that was still covered in a sheet of white. He spun me around and into a dip, causing me to gasp. Who knew Spencer could dance so well

He leaned down and placed a swift kiss on my lips as my eyes fluttered shut. He pulled me back into a standing position, still not breaking our kiss. When he did he smiled contently.

" I love you (y/n) (y/l/n)" he whispered softly.

I bit my lip and threw my arms around his neck.

" I love you to." I whispered back as we both spun in each others arms.

" You know maybe the snow isn't so bad." He giggled.

" It's almost like I've been telling you that the whole time!" We both laughed hysterically as we danced.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Aghhh so this one was cute and reminded me just how lonely I am! It just mowed where I lived so I thought it was only fitting I wrote this.