Happiness

Spencer and I entered the room with our guns trained in front of us.

" DEREK JONES FBI!" I called loudly.

The scrawny man stood in the corner with his gun trained on us. Spencer took a step in front of me, and placed a protective arm in front of me. Though it was sweet of him, I pushed past it and remained at his side.

" None of this should've happened! They weren't supposed to die!" He cried.

I looked at My boyfriend of 5 months a gave him a nervous glance before turning back to the man infront of me. He was suffering from some multiple personality disorder and I knew that this was one that was safe to approach.

" Derek...we don't wanna hurt you. We want to help you." I spoke softly as I slowly approached him.

The floor boards underneath me creaked loudly as I moved my black boots across the floor. His eyes were filled with tears and his gun was slowly lowering. I slowly began to holster my gun as I kept taking slow and steady steps towards him.

" I can't get him out of my head! I tried to make him stop but...he wouldn't listen! I'm so sorry." He sobbed.

I let out a small sigh of sadness as I looked back at Spencer. The man was clearly talking about his other personality, and it was times like these when I genuinely felt bad for these guys. Part of him was good, but the other side of him, the one he couldn't control was the one killing these women.

" I know Derek. I promise everything's gonna be ok...but I need you to put the gun down so we can get you the help you need ok?" I comforted.

I was only a few feet away from him, about an arms length or so. He was shaking profusely and could barely get out his words in between his tears. His gun was almost at his side, ready to drop, when a smirk spread across his face. His eyes were a whole shade darker than before as he began to raise his weapon and aim it at Spencer.

" Wait!" I pled as the gun made a clicking noise.

Before he could fire the bullet, I kicked his leg causing him to keel over. The bullet still fired, but straight into my leg instead instead of Spencer's head. I yelped in pain and also fell to the floor as the sharp pain in my leg worsened by the millisecond.

" Y/n!" Spencer cried as he rushed to my side.

He kicked the gun out of the unsubs hand and grabbed my hand tightly. The rest of our team poured into the room and cuffed the man before shoving him out of the room.

"Spencer I'll be fine. All that matters is that your ok." I exclaimed slightly winded from my pain.

He lightly brushed the hair out of my face and grabbed my hand a little tighter as I heard the ambulances in the distance.

" y/n I'm so sorry! I should of taken the shot the second he aimed that gun." He whimpered.

" Spencer.." I started as i cupped his face. " Nobody could have known! I'm going to be fine ok. I mean it hurts like a son of a bitch but after a bit of morphine I'll be fine ok?" I soothed calmly.

He nodded and lightly lifted my head so that I laid in his lap and lightly stroked my hair as we waited for the medics.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

I woke up a few hours later, with the bullet that was once imbedded in my leg now removed. The fluorescent light of the hospital burned my eyes as I woke up from my deep sleep. I looked to my side to see Spencer fast asleep, but still clutching my hand tightly. I couldn't help but smile at the sight and planted a soft kiss on his lips.