However long it takes

Penelope and I walked up together with a large basket up the stairs to Spencers apartment. As we made it to the top, we noticed jj in a long dark blue trench coat waiting with a sad expression at the door.

" Hey." We said to each other.

She smiled and looked down at the various other baskets that were laid all over the floor.

" There all from Penelope." I said before she could ask.

The three of us sat by the door and waited for a response we all knew we wouldn't get. It had been two weeks since Maeve, the love of his life was murdered in front of him. Since then I had been to his apartment every day for an hour a day before work and all day afterwards. I'd worked at the Bau for almost three years and I immediately clicked with Reid form the moment we joined.

Because of our close relationship, when I found out that he had been secretly dating Maeve for almost ten months without my knowing, I was honestly hurt. But then again, I also fought harder to save her life than most of the team even thought they all tried their hardest as well.

The two of them kept knocking and talking, but I remained silent. I waited for them both to leave together before sitting down in my normal spot in the doorway and began talking to him.

" Good morning Spence. I hope your feeling a little better today because to be honest I'm not feeling to great today either. Garcia brought you nuts! She actually looked it up and discovered that they increase your serotonin levels. I mean I knew that and you knew that but I still think it's cute how she's trying." I rambled as I had for the last few weeks.

I looked down at my hands and let a single tear stream down my face. I continued to ramble about various scientific discoveries and topics for a while before I ran out of topics to cover as I tried to mask my sadness.

" I miss you Spence. I really really do and...I know that your hurting and I just want you to know I'm here ok. I want you to know that uhh... that it'll all be ok." I sighed.

I wiped the tears from my face and climbed up off the floor.

" Ok well I gotta head to work but umm...I'll be back later as always... if there's not a case that is. But if there is I'll make sure to call you and text as always, just in case you feel like talking. Bye Spencer."  I chocked as I put a hand up to the door.

I held it there for a while, trying anything to feel the warmth he used to bring me. Then I started down the stairs and headed to the office.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

I decided to stay back at the office on this case, because I wanted to be close to Spencer. I called him once about the case and he actually answered, which was a huge shock.

A few minutes after the call, I saw Anderson grab one of the case files and head out the door.

" Hey...what are you doing?" I asked sweetly as I noticed it was a file for three case we were working on.

" Oh Dr. Reid asked me to drop this off at his place." He exclaimed in a similar tone.

I scoffed slightly at Spencer's sneaky methods and grabbed the file from Anderson's hand.

" Oh it's ok...I'll take it to him! Thanks anyways!" I bubbled as I rushed to the elevator and soon into the parking lot of the Bau.

When I walked up to the door of his apartment I took a deep breath in before knocking. I waited a long while before trying again.

" Spencer...I have the files you wanted!" I exclaimed as I knocked again.

I was about to leave, when I heard small footsteps from inside. My face lit up in excitement and I couldn't contain my smile. He crept open the door and peaked his head out with an emotionless expression.