The feeling is mutal

I sat on the couch and adjusted the volume of my head phones as one of my favorite songs began to play

   I sat on the couch and adjusted the volume of my head phones as one of my favorite songs began to play. I set my book down and looked out the window again, excited to hold Spencer in my arms again. I had taken a week or two off  from my job at the Bau to deal with and injury but I was incredibly antsy to return, but the hardest part was not seeing Spencer everyday. My side was killing me from my injury, so I decided I tidy up our apartment as as distraction while I waited.

After a few minutes, there was a small jingle in the door and a wide smile spread across my face as I sprinted to the door. Spencer shook out of his bag and shoes, and mirrored my overjoyed expression as I jumped into his arms.

" I've missed you!" I exclaimed as my legs wrapped around his waist.

He laughed softly and left a dozen kisses up and down my neck as I giggled at his playfulness. We spun in circles as he made his way over to the brown leather couch on the other end of the room. It was one that I wasn't particularly fond of, but it was one of the many pieces of furniture that wasn't worth getting rid of. We decided to move into his apartment together a few months ago so most of his furniture was still here.

" Baby you have no idea." He proclaimed as we both plopped down on the couch, my limbs still wrapped around him tightly.

I pulled back slightly so that our lips could finally meet. We kissed with hunger and passion for a few moments before we pulled back breathlessly. He looked into my eyes with admiration as he pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

" I needed that." He whispered in a now
Much more solemn Tone.

It was tone that I knew all to well. It was one that meant he needed to talk about something, and I could tell it was something that had been bothering him for a while now to.

" You wanna talk about it?"

He nodded and we shifted positions. His head layed on my chest with his arms wrapped tightly just above my hips as I stroked my hands through his hair. We often sat like this when he vented to me about our cases or just our daily lives in general.

" So was it the case?" I asked while massaging his head.

" Ya..." he started. "Well...our unsub turned out to be a kid...who was being forced to kill the victims by his father. He was a schizophrenic who forced his little boy to kill all those people and it just..."

I sighed sadly as I felt a tear drop onto my shirt.

" Oh honey...I know that this one was especially hard because of your mom. How is she doing by the way?" I asked in a soft tone.

The tears began to fall more rapidly from his eyes now, causing my shirt to become drenched.

" N-not good. The last time I talked to her...s-she couldn't even remember me." He wept.

It broke my heart knowing that he was in so much pain, and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. All I could do was be there for him.

" Come here." I whispered as I pulled him into I tight hug.

His shoulders were tensed, but after a while he began to melt into my arms. His tears had ceased and was just enjoying my company and warmth. A light knock at the door startled me slightly until I remembered who it would be.

" I took the liberty of ordering Chinese...it's your favorite." I explained with a warm tone.

He smiled sweetly as I handed him a tissue from the side table and he gave a nod, signaling for me to grab the door. I grabbed the food and thanked the man, before hurrying back to Spencer and placing the food on the coffee table.

" So I got all of our favorites, with a couple new dishes to. Oh and I made sure to get you a fork this time to." I exclaimed as I planted a kiss on his cheek.

" You really are my soulmate." He giggled as I handed him the pack of plastic silverware while also placing a napkin in his lap.

I grinned form ear to ear at his words and planted another kiss on his lips as I grabbed his face. It was moments like these that made me realize just how much I loved him.

" Oh! I also downloaded all of the Star Trek 3 season of Star Trek for us to watch as we feast"

He smiled warmly as he dug into his food.

" Did you know that Star Trek doesn't have many logistical errors? Especially for being made so long ago, it's honesty quite shocking."

I smiled and nodded my head in agreement.

" I actually did! And it really was incredibly ground breaking concepts for being made in the sixties." I responded in a similar tone.

As I spoke he looked at me with doe eyes. He was clearly concentrated on my entire being, and was taking in every one of my features. He remained like this, before I eventually grew slightly self conscious.

" What is it?" I asked.

" I just love you so much it scares me sometimes." He gushed.

Though he had said those words to me a hundred times, they always made me blush.

" Well dr. Reid, I can assure you the feeling is mutual." I grinned.

I gave him one final kiss before clicking on the Tv and snuggling up together and just enjoying each other's touch.