Hand in Hand

We all sat in the conference room and patiently waited for Garcia to begin our briefing. Spencer was running late which was wildly out of character for him but because of it Hotch wasn't mad.

" Well my lovely's today evil has made its way to California. Three victims, all shot point blank execution style on the streets." She stated as she flipped through the slides.

I noticed the familiar homes and housing and sighed. Looks like I'm going back. I gulped as the memories of my youth flooded my brain. Spencer swung open the door slightly winded and quickly slumped into the seat next to me.

" Sorry I'm late everyone." He mumbled as I passed him a file.

" Not a problem. Y/l/n will brief you on the plane. Wheels up in thirty." Hotch stated plainly as he hurried out of the room.
* * *

As we all filed onto the plane, I took a seat next to Spencer to fill him in on the briefing...but got a little sidetracked.

" So was she pretty" I asked nonchalantly as he settled next to me.

He furrowed his brow and turned to me.

" Was who pretty?" He asked innocently.

" The girl who had you running into the office at 9:00 today." I chuckled.

" N-no t-there wasn't a girl! No Last night I stayed up late reading a new book series and slept in!" He exclaimed in a nervous tone.

" Oh ok. I just figured that a guy like you would get loads of girls."

As the words escaped my lips I immediately cursed myself. A guy like you? Could I be anymore obvious!?? I had a crush On Spencer for some time now, but I wasn't brave enough to tell him how I get just yet. I quickly cleared my throat awkwardly and tried to take the attention of of his blush.

" So umm t-the case." I stammered.

" Oh yes...the case. So they were all high risk life styles. And they were all known prostitutes downtown....wait a second, this case is in your hometown isn't it?" He exclaimed.

I really hoped no body heard that. Spencer was the only person who knew that this is where I was raised, but he knew nothing of how I spent my time there.

" Y-ya I guess it is...didn't notice." I mumbled as I tried to suppress more and more memories.

He clearly noticed my discomfort on the subject and moved on from it. I knew I couldn't avoid telling the team about my past forever, but I wanted to withhold as much as I could for as long as possible. I just prayed that they'd be off their game today.
***

We all walked into the police station with warm smiles as Hotch introduced us all.

" These are agents Prentiss and Rossi, and Dr.'s Reid and y/l/n. The rest of our team is out right now but should be back any minute." He explained to the Police Chief.

" It's very nice to meet you all. Thank you for getting here so quickly." He said kindly as we all walked down the hall. "So we did more asking around and we found out that all the victims work at a club not to far from here." He explained.

Hotch turned and looked at the rest of us.

" Reid and y/l/n why don't you guys go check it out. Well stay here and work on the profile and cal you if we find anything important."

We both nodded and headed out of the station and into one of the large black SUVs. Spencer entered an address into the gps and I drove to our destination.
***

After about 10 minutes of driving, we arrived at an all to familiar club. My eyes widened as I realized this was were we had to go. I was beginning to feel sick and dread washed over me. I had spent most of my teenage years here, doing less than admirable things.