Hard times pt.2

" Spence! I'm here!" I bellowed in the long hallway of Spencer's apartment building.

Normally I would've knocked but my hands were currently carrying two large bags of food and a large tub of mint and chip ice cream.

I waited patiently as I heard faint footsteps from behind the door. The door opened slowly as I saw Spencer who looked slightly on edge.

" Hey! Mind giving me a hand?" I asked as he nodded and grabbed a bag from my hands.

We both walked into his messy apartment and my eyes widened as we did. There were books and various articles of clothing scattered across the floor of the living room, and the kitchen was completely bare with nothing but a glass in the sink.

When he said he hadn't had a proper meal since our last movie night, he wasn't kidding. We put the bags down on the counter and I walked over to Spencer who was standing in the doorframe of the kitchen.

I smiled sweetly and hugged him tightly, wrapping my arms around his waist tightly as he gently returned the hug. We stood there just hugging each other for a long while before he finally spoke.

" What was that for?" He murmured into my neck.

" I think we've both been needing that for a while." I cooed

He smiled softly and we both got our food and went to the couch. We sat and ate in silence as we watched tv for almost an hour.

After a while I finally grew the courage to ask him how he's really been.

" Spencer..." I started as he looked at me sweetly.

" How have you been lately?"

He immediately looked away and back down at his food.

" Fine... I-I'm fine."

I laughed a little at how bad of a liar he was.

" Spence, You need to talk about this kind of stuff. It important not to just bottle everything up. I mean how have you been coping?"

His hands you shaking slightly now like he does sometimes when he has to much coffee.

" I'm coping. I promise." He whispered.

I sighed.

" Spence come on, talk to me! You know you can tell me anything. You've gone through a lot and you just need to-"  before I could finish he cut me off abruptly.

" (y/n) I'm fine can you please just drop it!" He barked.

I flinched as he slammed his food down on his lap. My eyes widened as I looked at his now infuriated expression. This was a side of Spencer I didn't see often, but when I did, it was always an unpleasant experience.

" No Spencer I can't drop it because your doing things like this! You are all over the place! I understand that you just went through a major trauma but I'm trying to help! So tell me what is going on cause there is obviously more than just ptsd!" I yelled back.

He rolled his eyes and stood up abruptly.

" You wouldn't understand !" He snapped.

"How would you know that?!" I argued aggressively as I also stood up from the leather couch.

" I just do ok! So please stop hounding me because I have my problem under control!" He boomed.

I relaxed my body slightly as I took a step closer to him. The anger I had felt before now turned into a feeling of worry.

I placed my hand lightly on his left arm and gently rubbed it. He looked nervously at my hand and then back at me.

" Spencer, what problem?" I asked in a now sweet tone.