Lovebirds pt. 1

You sat in the break room and sipped on your coffee. To be honest you were all kind of just waiting around for a case because for once, there really wasn't any paper work. It was only quiet, even though everyone was here. Spencer walked in the break room while reading a book and was feeling around the counter for his coffee mug, still not looking up from his book.

" What you reading Reid?" You asked with a small smile.

He looked back at you with questioning eyes and then looked back down at his book. You rolled your eyes at the rudeness and stepped forward so the two of you were side by side. You looked up at him and he cleared his throat awkwardly.

" Reid are you-"  Before you could finish he cut you off abruptly.

" I'm fine!" He said loudly as he hurried out the door. You let out a sigh and felt Morgan's hand on your shoulder. You turned and smiled sadly as you sipped your coffee.

" Do you know why he hates me so much?" You asked turning to Morgan who's smirk widened as I said that.

" Mama he doesn't hate you. That's just Reid being Reid." He said sweetly.

You nodded in agreement, but you knew he was just saying that to make you feel better.

Spencer's POV:

You walked out of the break room and felt your cheeks redden rapidly. Whenever you were around (y/n) you didn't know how to act. You had fallen hard for her. She was perfect your my mind, but alas I was the opposite. Whenever I was around her I would blush at just her close proximity, and I also had no idea how to talk to her. You realized that you had often come off rude but you didn't know what else to say without being totally awkward. You were just beginning to catch your breath again when Garcia came tapped your shoulder.

" We've got a case sweetness." She said in all her amazingly bright and happy Garcia-ness.

" C-coming." You said awkwardly.

(Y/N) POV:

"Thank you all for coming." Hotch said emotionless as always. " Today's case will be a little different because this one was brought directly to me. We have an unsub who has been killing couples. The women were sexually assaulted and tortured, while the men were shot with a bullet to the head. They were all found in hotel rooms and were wearing formal attire, they were all seen at fancy events leading up to their murder. Because his comfort zone is just around this area, we're going to need two agents to go undercover."

You all looked around at each other with slightly confused faces. Before anyone could say anything, hotch spoke again.

" And that's were agents Reid and (y/n) come in. You will both go undercover as a couple."

You chocked on your coffee and Reid sat up a little straighter. You both looked at each other for a second and then turned back to hotch.

" But why us?" Reid said in a visible panic.

" Because you two fit the victimology best. Your both young and resemble the victims significantly." He said firmly

" Ya and you two lovebirds have maaaad chemistry." Morgan chuckled.

I glared at Morgan across the room and Reid began blushing. You bit your lip to keep a smile from spreading across your face as you noticed.

" Well the unsub there's going to be an art gallery opening and we're almost positive he will be there tonight. So we'll need the both of you to be here and ready by 7:00 understand."

" Yes sir " you said with a sigh. You looked over at Reid who had simply nodded at hotch, trying to avoid any and all eye contact with me. We all got up and exited the conference room.