CHAPTER 19

Hours had passed but Off doesn’t want to let go of my hand. He is just sitting beside me and staring at me like anytime I will disappear so he has to guard me carefully.

“You can now go back to your room you know.”

“No. I’ll stay here.

“Why?”

“Cause you’re here.”

“We’re both patients Off just so you know. We both have to be treated.”

Off went silent. Suddenly, a phone alarmed loudly. I checked my phone near the table but it was dead silent. I glanced at Off who immediately grabbed his phone inside the pocket of his hospital gown and stopped the beeping of it.

“My phone already alarmed. I need to take my medicines now.”

“Where are your medicines?”

“On my room. But I’ll be back here after I take it.” He went to me while dragging his IV and kissed my forehead.

“You kissed my bandage.” I teased him.

“Because you’re head was covered with it.” He pouted. “Should I kiss you on your lips instead?” He smirked.

“Are you playing with me? Go take your meds now.”

“Yes my wife. I’ll be back.”

“You don’t have to.”

“But I want to.” He leaned closer to me to smack a kiss on my lips.

“There’s no bandage anymore.” He teased.

“Whatever. Just go.”

I shooed away Off while laughing.
Even he already disappeared from my sight, I kept on staring on the door that he walked through. I can’t help but to over think things. All of the doubts and what ifs that I’m keeping for myself now haunt me.

Off has been diagnosed with brain tumour. It is a brain tumour we are talking about! It is not just a simple headache that can be treated by some paracetamols and analgesic. It is a brain tumour and it can end his life which I am really scared about.

I don’t want to be alone anymore, not on this time that I am starting to give all that I have for love again. Not now that I am really falling deeply for Off Jumpol.

I raised my head to shut out the tears that will flow after seeing my sister glancing from the door.

“Nong Gun.” P’Alice starts to walk near my bed.  

“How long did you know?” I tried not to be sound weak and angry but it went evident on my voice.

“Few days after he was admitted here.” P’Alice sat near the bed and hold my hand.

“Is this really happening? You’re not pranking me right P’? Are there any hidden cameras here? Then time is up, I don’t want this anymore. Stop it!”

My tears started to fall again. I don’t know how many times do I have to suffer from pain when I’m falling in love. Why is life so cruel to me? I didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this. I am just falling in love.

“Calm down Nong Gun. Please calm down.” P’Alice starts to cry too.

“Please explain to me everything P’. I want to know everything about what’s happening to Off. I deserve to know everything. I don’t want to be a stupid P’.” I pleaded.