CHAPTER 6

We’re finally here at the grocery shop but Off is still silent. The silence is making me feel so damn awkward. 

Come on, speak now Off! I don’t want to go shopping while surrounded with a dead air.

I just keep on staring at him, waiting for him to utter even just a single word that will make the mood a little bit lighter.

“I’m handsome. I know it.” he suddenly said and smiled a little.

Better. Smile now.

“W-what?”

“Nothing. Come on let’s get a cart now.” He touched my back gently guiding me to where the carts are placed. His touched is too gentle that makes me feel that I am a precious glass that can be easily broken so it must be well taken care of.

I get a cart but Off grabbed another one. Maybe he’s running out of stocks also. I just shrugged and don’t bother to ask.

“Hey, Gun can you take a picture of me?” Off is back with his cheerful self again. He handed me his phone forcing me to take it.

“No.”

“Come on, just once.”

“Fine.” I get the phone and snap once.

“Hey! I didn’t even get the chance to pose yet. You’re so mean.” He’s pouting like a kid again!

“Fine! Hurry up. Remember that we’ll shop here and not to take photos.” I turned on the camera again and faced it to him.

“Okay. Just a minute.” He said and stepped on the cart.

“Hey! What the fuck are you doing?”

“Getting inside the cart.”

“What? Are you crazy?”
“Crazy for you, yes.”

“Damn you. Stop what you’re doing now.”

“No. I want to have a picture inside the cart.” He stubbornly said and immediately sat inside the cart.

“You’re crazy.” Now the people at the grocery store are looking at us now. How embarrassing.

“Come on. Take a shot now.” He said.
I just shooked my head in defeat and take a picture of him inside the cart.

He was so happy while getting out from the cart and inspecting the pictures that I took

“Nice. One done.” He mumbled and already pushed the cart.

“What?”

“Nothing. Gun let’s play!” He shouted. He doesn’t even care if the people around him are looking at him in dismay, with funny or irritated faces.

“We’re not kids anymore Off. Can you just let me shop peacefully?!”

“But it’s boring. Come on let’s play. How about this, we’ll compete on whose the fastest on putting the needed stuffs on the cart. The loser will be flicked on the forehead 3 times.” He said while playfully raising his eyebrows.

“No. I don’t want to—

“You ready?”

“I said n—

“3...”

“I told you---

“2...”

“Stop---

“1! Come on!”

As soon as he run and grab stuffs I can’t help but to start to get what I need also. I put it as fast as I could. I can’t imagine myself being flicked in the forehead by this man. No never.
I saw Off at the condiments section looking seriously at the things there.  His cart was nearly full. What? He’s that damn fast?

I hide and slowly walked towards him. I’m like a mouse walking slowly and trying not be noticed by the lion. As soon as I stand behind him, I immediately grab his cat and exchanged it with my cart and ran as fast as I can to stay away from him.
So I own his cart now and he owned mine.

“Hey cheater! You’re evil!” I heard Off shouted but I just laugh and continue to put stuffs on MY cart. Maybe I don’t need some of the things inside this cart but that’s fine at least I will win.

We just played like kids inside the grocery shop. Laughing and teasing each other not noticing that it’s getting late and it’s time to go home. This day, I realized that this man is happy to be with. I’ve forgotten my problems even for a short time.

Thank you Off...

While driving until parking of the car, we kept on arguing on who win the game. I thought he wouldn’t remember but he suddenly brought it up.

“I win.”  I said while taking out our groceries from the trunk.

“Hey, this looks like were married”. He is teasing me again. He held his chin and act like thinking something while looking at me.

“You’re crazy.” I said and walk towards the elevator.

We are getting near on our units but he is still insisting that I should be flicked on the forehead.

“But I win”.

“No, I’m the one who win Off.”

“You win because you cheated on me.”

“You’re the one already said that I win so I win.”

“But—

“Off—I. WIN.”

He sighed in defeat.

“Fine. Flicked my forehead now.”

“Okay. My pleasure. “ He lean a little closer to me. I was stunned for a while and unable to move but after I saw Off smirk, I immediately flicked his forehead once.

“Ouch!” He groaned and glare at me. I started to laugh because his face is unexplainable. All I can say is its very funny.

My flick was painful I know.

“Okay enough.” He said.

“No! You said 3 times right? There are 2 more left.” I smirk.

Off... I’m winning... I can’t help but to laugh.

“Fine. But please be a little gentler?” He’s pleading like a kid.

I just shrugged and positioned again my fingers on his forehead. It took several minutes to be done because he keeps on moving trying to hide his forehead and I can’t stop laughing. His face is so funny and his nostrils are flaring.

After that, we continue to walk towards our unit. Off is still caressing his forehead. But I was stunned seeing First in front of my unit looking intently at us.

First... Tay’s younger brother.

I walked towards him trying to hide the nervousness that I’m feeling. What is he doing here? It’s been ages since he visited here. What does he want?

“H-Hi First.” I smiled and greeted him.

“Hello P’Gun.” He just glanced at me for a second without even smiling and returned his gaze to Off who is also looking at First intently.

Author's Note: The First I'm pertaining here is FIRST KANAPHAN.