CHAPTER 15

“Gun Lek?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m going to tell you something.”

We are still on the bed hugging and sharing the warmth of each other. It was already 18:30 PM as stated on the wall clock in front of the bed.

“What is it?”

“Uhm...I’m going to C-Chiang Mai to attend some work t-there.”

“That’s what the call is about earlier when we are EmQuartier?”

“Uhm y-yeah.”

He sighed. He tighten his hug and kiss my forehead.

Chiang Mai? It’s too far from Bangkok but I can’t forbid him to go there. I was about his work and I don’t want to impose on him.

“How long will you be there?”

“Just for a week.”

“You’ll just go there for work right?”

He chuckled.

“Of course. There’s nothing to be worried about. I suffered a lot just to get you and I won’t waste all my efforts because of some stupidity.”

“Dramatic.” I teased him.

“Yeah. I love you too.” He chuckled.

“So when will you leave for Chiang Mai?” I asked him.

“T-tomorrow morning.”

“What?! That’s too early!” I reacted.

I pulled away from the hug and raised my head to see his face.

“You don’t want me to go?” He asked.

“No that’s not like that. I just think it’s just too early. But I guess I can’t do anything to about it. Just finish it early and come back to me.”

“That’s the first thing that I will do.” He smiled and gave me a smack on my lips.

Saturday, November 21, 2020
8:00 AM 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you to the airport?” I asked him.

We are now at the building’s car park. Off is arranging his stuffs inside the taxi.
He didn’t bring his own car because no one will bring it back here and he said he’s too lazy to drive.

“Nah. No need. Just be a good wife until I came back here.” He winked.

“Asshole.” I chuckled. I stared at the taxi driver but he seems not to care at all.

“I’ll text and call you every time. Make sure your phone is open every time don’t you ever turned it off. Don’t make me worried.”

“Yes Papii.” I teased him.

We watched a Y series last night and the title has puppy something on it and I find it cute.

Papii.......

He laughed and hugged me.

“And one more thing Gun Lek.”

“What?”

“Please don’t talk to Nammon. If I'll know that he is still hitting on you when I’m away I will really hunt him down when I come back here.”

“What the heck!” I jokingly slapped his arms “You’re so possessive Mr. Off.”

“I’m just guarding what’s mine. That’s it.”

“Khrap. Now go. The taxi is waiting for a long time.”

He sighed. Suddenly he walk towards the window near the taxi driver and he talk with him and afterwards he came back to me and hold my hand.

“What did you say to the driver?”

“I told him to wait for 10 more minutes. I’ll just take care of the bill.” He said and raised his eyebrows playfully.

I just laughed and hold his hand tightly.

Damn! I’m totally whipped for this man. Only Off Jumpol can make me feel like this.  

He hugged me once again. This time, it is tighter. It feels like he doesn’t want to let go.

I hugged him back and sniff his shoulders. I will miss him.

“I will miss you. Please wait for me.” He said.

I can’t help but to creased my forehead and be confused.

Why does he sound like he will be gone for too long? It’s just a week in Chiang Mai.

“Silly. You’re just a week in Chiang Mai.

“Yeah right.” He scratched his temple and smiled.

“You can visit my condo anytime. You can even stay there and use my clothes.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Don’t forget to clean it too.” He teased me.

“So I’m a servant?” I crossed my arms and glared at him.

“No. Not a servant. You’re a love slave.” He winked at me.

“Silly.” I just laughed at his corny jokes. I’m used to it. 

He sighed and held my face with his both hands.

“I love you Gun. Always remember that.” He is too serious while uttering those words.

“I know that. I love you too.” I said while fixing his a little bit crumpled shirt.

“Now go. You’ll be late at your flight.” I said and opened the door of the taxi for him.

“I’ll come back soon.”

I nod.

“No talking to other guys.”

I chuckled. “Yes Papii.”

“I’ll go now. Let’s go Sir.” Off talked to the driver.

The car slowly moved away.

Off peek at the window and mumbled “I love you” and wave his hand goodbye.

I also wave my hands goodbye.

He already closed the window of the car. I witness how the car move away until it disappeared from my sight.

The loneliness slowly crept into my heart knowing that he will be far away from me.

I sighed all release all my hesitations that I am keeping earlier when Off is still here.

I know that it may sound nonsense and just being dramatic but I can’t help it.

Off please don’t let my hopes go down.

I'm hoping that what you say were all true.
Please come back to me as soon as possible.