CHAPTER 12

“What are you talking about?”

My forehead creased out of confusion.
Why does Off is involved this time?

“Just go. My mom is waiting.”

First raised his hand like I am being shooed me away.

“But—

“P’, things will get clearer when you already meet my mom. Go P’Gun. You don’t want my mom to be tired of waiting do you?” he raised his eyebrow.

I automatically nod and turned my back on him like a robot. I hurriedly went to my car and drove it as fast as I could.

Damn. I don’t want to annoy Tay’s mom this time.

After parking the car, I hurriedly run inside Siam and search for Tay’s mom.

Shit! Why didn’t I ask First about the exact location of his mom? I’m so stupid.

After a few rounds of roaming around, I found Tay’s mom, sipping a coffee at After You Dessert Cafe at Siam Paragon Ground Floor.

Before entering, I stood at the cafe’s door like a fool. I’m trying to stay calm even though it feels like my heart will burst out of my chest.

What is this all about this time? Is this something a big deal? Why does First says Off’s name out of nowhere? Is this something related to him? I’m so damn scared.

I walked slowly towards Tay’s mom who is gracefully sipping her coffee and sophisticatedly eating the slice of cake on her plate.

“Mâae sawaddee krap.” I greeted her.

“Sawaddee ja.” “Have a seat Nong Gun.”

Tay’s mom is in her usual strict face and aura that sends shivers down to my core.

I remember the time when I first met her, it was the time that Tay told her about us being together as a couple and it really shocked her.

Who wouldn’t be right? His good son chooses to be with me. I can’t explain how nervous I am that day while she is looking at me intently and like she is scrutinizing me deep into my soul.

“So you’re just going to stand there Nong Gun and stare at me the whole time?”

“K-krap?”

“I told you to sit down but you’re just standing there and staring at me. Is there something on my face?” she sounded irritated.

“M-mai mee krap. I’m sorry.”

I immediately grabbed the seat in front of her.

(mai mee –nothing)

After I sat, I glanced at her once again and I caught her staring at me like she is assessing me deep into my soul.
I don’t want to have a staring contest with her so I just keep my head down.
This is really so damn awkward.
I pretend to scratch my nape and stared at my shoes from the glass table.

“Nong Gun.”

“K-krap?”

“You seemed so tensed. Are you okay?”

“Chai krap.”

(chai- yes)

You’re very good at lying Gun. I want to slap myself hard.

“Do you want to eat or drink something? I’ll order it for you.”

“It’s okay. I’m not hungry yet.” I tried to flashed a smile