CHAPTER 22

"I doubt if Dr. Arm will agree on your plan. You know it's dangerous."
P'Alice stared at me for a couple of seconds and land her eyes again to the medical records that she was checking.

"I just want to do it for Off. I want to do if for him."

"We're already there but it's risky. You know that." Her voice tells me that she is worried of what I am going to do.

"It's the least that I can do for him. After all the things that he had done and experience, I don't even think this is enough for him to be happy." I put my gaze on the floor and starts to play with my nails.

It's risky. I know that. But this is all I can do for him--

"Fuck! I can't understand what's written on this freaking medical record! The intern's handwriting sucks!"

I flinch when P'Alice burst out of a sudden. I saw people starts to stare at our place out of curiosity.

"Hey calm down. You're starting to gain people's attention here near this nurse station."

"I'm just tired." She said and lay her head on the table.

"We're all tired." I walked near her and pay his head. "I'm sorry P'Alice."

"Nong Gun, I want to tell you something. I promised Off that I will not tell any single word to you about this but I don't want to lie to you."

"Then tell it to me straight."

"Yesterday, Arm asked you to buy medicines at the pharmacy right?"

"Yes, and?"

"That time he told us that--

"That Off's chemotherapy is not working anymore and getting him for a surgery is too dangerous because his tumor is located on the critical part of his brain. Is that what you are going to say P'Alice?" I cut off her words.

I know it from the start. I know it all.

"How did you know?"

"I'm not that dumb. Making me go away from Off's ward is suspicious for me so I stayed near the door to eavesdrop. I didn't make any fuzz about it even though I'm about to burst out of anger and tears because hearing Off sobbing while begging the two of you to keep his situation in secret from me makes my heart broke into pieces." I immediately get rid of the tears that fall from my eyes.

"I'm sorry Nong Gun." P'Alice raise from her seat and walk near me to hug me tight.

"I'm scared P'Alice. I don't to lose the love of my life again." I said between my sobs.

I'm already got hurt when Tay left me. Now, I might lose my mind forever if I also lose Off. I don't want to be left alone again.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but Nong Gun can we talk?"

P'Alice immediately pull away from the hug and wiped her tears.

"Yes. Dr. Arm. I am really planning to talk to you. It's a good thing you went in here." I said while calming myself down and wiping off my tears too.

"Okay. Excuse us Nurse Alice," Dr. Arm talked with my sister on his usual cold voice.

"Sure. Okay."

We walked for a little while until we reach the small passage near the stairs going to the 2nd floor of the hospital.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to heard what you and your sister is talking about." Dr. Arm broke the deafening silence that surrounds us.