CHAPTER 21

I was awaken by a gentle caress on my hair and cheeks.
I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Off weakly smiling at me.

"Why are you still awake? I told you to rest didn't I?"

"I'm just enjoying the view while I still can." He said as he look at me intimately.

"You can look at this view for the rest of your life." I grin.

"Oh please, will you please stop your seducing act right now? You know I can't eat you now you know?"

"That's why I'm doing this right now because I know you can't do anything to me." I smirk and licked my lips.

Off's face turned like a crumpled paper out of annoyance and his ears were flushed.

"Ouch, I think there's something on my right eye. It stings." He suddenly snorted and rubbed his right eye aggressively.

"What? Let me check."

I immediately stood up and check on him. Any pain that Off feel bothers me a lot since I learned about his illness.

"I can't see anything. There's no fallen eyelash or dirt or anything." I told him as I check his right eye.

"Really? But I think there's really something."

"Well--

I fell out of words when Off held my neck and press his lips on mine and even bit my lower lip.

"Hey!" I glared at him.

"Ahh, I think my eye is okay now." He looked at me proudly.

"What's the connection of your pervertedness to your stinging eye huh?"

"Your kiss is the remedy, I think?" He said jokingly.

"Dr. Arm will really hit you hard when he heard that." I stood up and mess his hair.

The ward was filled with our laughters but my smile immediately fade away when I noticed Off's hair falling from his head and some of it even were caught in my hand.

Off's hair is noticeably thin now. It's been two months since he started his session of chemotherapy and drinking large doses of medicine to ease the pain and aggressiveness. He always feel weak and even vomiting sometimes after dozing off because of the medicines.
His face is far from the Off I know, he is now as fragile as a glass that needs to be well taken care off or else it will break in an instant.

"Hey what's wrong? You fell silent." Off raised his head to catch my attention and I smiled the moment our eyes met.

"Oh nothing." I smiled at him for assurance and kissed his forehead.

"Gun Lek can I ask you something?"

"Anything. What is it?"

"What do you want to be aside from being my wife?"

"What wife?" I widen my eyes on him while he was just plainly watching my expression like what he said is a no big deal.

"You. Being my wife."

"Did I say yes already?" I raised a brow.

"No is not an option." He said with a smug.

"Yeah right. As if I will say no to you. Uhm let's see, what do I want to be? Uhm, I think I want to be an author. I want to write a book."

"A book?" His forehead creased.

"Yes. I want to right a book and I will write the story of us. How we met, how we fell in love. Something like that. I will write all the things about us. I want to let the world know about us. And-- hey are you blushing???"