CHAPTER 17

“Can you hear me Sir? Please raise your brows or move your fingers if you can hear me.”

“Sir? Can you hear me?”

I looked at the person talking above me. I can’t see him clearly because my vision is so blurry but his voice is echoing on my ears despite of the noise that surrounds me.
I slowly raised my eyebrows in respond to what the man told me to do so.

“The victim is responsive. How still far is the nearest hospital?”

“20 minutes and were there already sir.”

“Did you already alert the emergency staffs there?”

“Yes sir, they are on stand by now.”

Hospital... I am going to the hospital earlier right?

Now I am literally going to be sent to the hospital but with broken limbs and bones.

Hospital...that’s the place where I will see Off.

Everything that happened earlier flashed in my mind instantly.  Starting from what happened to Off’s unit up until my car was crashed on the road.

I slowly raised my hands that I noticed, still covered with blood and tried to remove the oxygen mask even I don’t have enough strength.

“Sir? Do you want to say something?”

A man helped me to remove my oxygen mask and lean closer to me.

“Where...hospital...” I tried to whisper words.

“We’re almost there sir. Where going to Samitevj Sukhumvit Hospital.”

“Where...hospital...”

“Yes sir. We’re almost there. Just hang on.”

“Sir Leo Saussay. We’re already here.”

I feel like I was raised in the air and get me out of the ambulance.

But before I was transferred to the stretcher, I pulled all my strength to stand up that made all the people that surrounds me panicked.

“Sir! Please lay on the bed. We’ll rush you to the emergency room now. You are severely injured.”

“Sir what are you doing. Calm down.”

Everyone around me is stopping me to attempt to walk and get away from them.

“Sir!--”

I weakly raised my hand to hush the nurse that is trying to get near me.

“I...just...I just need to see s-someone...” I said while catching my breath.

I need to see Off more than anything else.

My wounds can wait.

I must see Off now.

“But we need to treat you Sir. You’re covered with blood and...severely injured.”

“I c-can handle myself. I just need to see someone that is in here too and then I’ll go and get treated.” I tried to talk straight and try to be sound convincing that I am still okay even though my whole body feels like hell.

“But Sir---

“What’s happening here?”

I glanced at the man wearing a white lab gown walking with authority towards the chaos.

“Dr. Arm, he is a patient from a car accident earlier that is being alerted by the medical response team. He is severely injured yet refused to get treated.”