Chapter 4

“Hey, can you just get out?!” I said but Off seems to hear nothing and continue to cook and groan at the same time because his hands got burned.

I ran towards the stove and turned it off.

“But the pork is not cooked yet.” He exclaimed and pouted his lips like a kid that loses his candy.

He has the guts the pout now huh? Not cute tho.

“What are you exactly doing here? Are you just here to piss me off?”

“Off? You called my name?” He said. Suppressing the smile on his lips.

“No. I mean pissing me off. You know... being pissed...Argghh!!! Why am I explaining?! Out!” I shouted

“But I’m still cooking.” He said and turned the stove on again.

“Why in the world are you cooking here anyway?! Don’t you have kitchen in your unit?” I asked switching off the stove again.

“There is. But I want here.” Turned on the stove again.

This man is just like a kid that’s so damn annoying.

“But I don’t want you here. Can you just bother someone else?”

I turned off the stove again. What the hell is this? A boomerang?

I saw him get stunned after hearing those words but flashed a faint smirk afterwards. Did he got hurt? Well, I’m just stating what I really want.

“Yes. I have a kitchen. But I’m alone there. It feels lonely.” He said. Turned on again the stove and stir again whatever he is cooking.

I felt silent. Alone...It’s lonely...For 3 years I’m alone in this unit. Spacing out at day and crying at night is my habit. Yeah, being alone is lonely I guess, but being alone because someone left you behind is way too dark and depressing and it’s more painful. The pain is unbearable. It’s like my whole world terribly fell apart.
I thought time can heal all the pain but look at me, life is still miserable. It looks like the whole thing was just happened yesterday.
It’s still very fresh in my memory. I wonder when it will fade. 

“Gun? Gun? You’re spacing out.”

I was back in reality and see that Off’s hand is waving right in front of my face.

I slapped it hard and glared at him. He just chuckled.

“It’s already done. Let’s eat.” He cheerful said.

I tiptoed and see what’s on the pan.

“It’s pork with holy basil stir fried. It’s not that spicy tho because I can’t eat spicy foods.”

He scratched his nape.

He can’t eat spicy foods? What a kid.

“You eat it. Once you’re done, get out of my unit.” I said coldly and returned to my room.

“But I want it to eat it with you.”

“But I don’t want to.” I finally said and shut the door.

I just sat on the floor. Waiting for him to get out and finally leave me alone.
For almost 30 minutes I sat on the floor behind the closed doors.

I’m hungry now! What time will he get out?

Out of curiosity, I stood up and slowly open the door. What is he doing right now?

And why am I sneaking on my own unit? Dammit. Whatever.

“Why don’t you eat with me instead of sneaking there?”

I saw Off with a smug face right in front of me.
Too shock, I shut again the door, catching my breath.

I heard him chuckle.

“Okay. I’ll go for now. But I can’t promise that I will not bother you again.” He said and I heard his fading footsteps until the sound of a closing door.

I rushed to the kitchen to see what I can eat and found foods carefully on the table.

“EAT!” I read the note beside the food. It’s not a request. It’s a freaking command.

For the first time again, my heart felt warm.  I don’t know why. Without any reason, I smiled but frowned afterwards.

“Damn. That man left without washing the dishes he used. Arrggh!”