Chapter 7

I cleared the bump on my throat. This is so damn awkward. I never really expected that First will show up here.

“W-what are you doing here? C-come on let’s go inside my unit.” I asked First. 

His gaze is still on Off.

“I think there’s no need for that.” He coldly said to me. His face remained blank that makes me feel worried on what’s on his mind.

“Come on, First. Let’s talk inside.” I tried to hold his hand but he pushed it away.

“Don’t touch me.”

I was taken aback from what he did. It was the first time he treat me like this.

“Hey, be nice young man.” I heard Off’s warning voice.

“Who the heck are you to tell me that? I don’t want know you either and may I inform you that this is not your business so back off assho----

Before First finished his words, Off passed like a wind beside me and immediately grabbed First’s collar.

“Off!” I shouted in horror.

“This is Gun’s business so it’s my business too so don’t tell me what to do. If Gun is involve then I will interfere got it?  And oh, if you don’t know me yet, well, let my fist introduce myself.” He raised his fist attempting to punch First.

“Off stop!  Stop please. Stop.”

I nervously held his hand hoping that it will calm him down. My eyes start to get watery. I was confused. I was shocked and overwhelmed of what is happening.

It hurts how  time can immediately take away my happiness so fast. I was just happy and laughing earlier and now, I feel like the whole world is on my back again. Am I not really deserved to be happy?

Off pay his attention to me then his eyes landed on my hand that is shaking while holding his. He stared my face once again. From a creased forehead and burning eyes, his face slowly became calm.  He let out a sigh and let go First’s collar.

“What happened? You’re going to punch me right? What now? Getting scared? Oh come on! Go punch me! Punch me!”
He step forward, still trying to get into Off’s nerve.

“First, I’m begging you p-please stop.”   I stood up between them.

“You know what P’Gun, its fine with me if you already found a new boyfriend since it’s been a long time since P’Tay was gone. You have the right to move on but I never thought that your standard became so low after we lose P’Tay. He didn’t even reach P’Tay’s standard. How poor tch!” He said with a smug on his face.

“You asshole fuc---“ Off is ready to punch again so I held his hands again and trying to let him stay behind my back.

“Well, I just came here because I thought you’re still crying over what happened. But I guess I’m wrong.  Anyway, I wish you to stay happy with him.”

“First, it’s not what you think.”

“There’s no point of denying now P’Gun. I’m going now. Hope you two last long.”

He fixed his collar and away.

“First! First wait!” I tried to call him but he hurriedly disappeared from the hallway. Damn.

“Damn that asshole.” Off mumbled behind me.

I angrily faced him.

“Why did you do it?!”

“Do what?”

“You nearly punched First, what the hell are you thinking?!”

“Didn’t you hear what bullshits that asshole said? Are you deaf earlier? His talking shits about you Gun?!”

“So what?”

“W-what?” His face was now confused.

“His talking craps about me, so what? What is it to you? And who are you to be affected and to care like this?”

He was shocked.  Too shocked and the pain is very evident in his eyes.

“First is Tay’s brother. The brother of my boyfriend who passed away 3 years ago. I understand why he acted that way earlier. Maybe he mistook us as a couple. Maybe he thought that I don’t love his brother anymore which is not true and will never happen. May I will just talk and explain to him—

“What about me Gun"

“What?”

“I’m trying my best to cheer you up and stay with you but until now, you didn’t even notice that I really care about you?”  His voice broke. His expression is filled with sadness, disappointment and pain.

“No one tells you to do all of that Off.  You know that.” I tried to straighten my face even though I’m feeling mixed emotions right now.

He bitterly laughed.

“Right. It’s my fault. It’s me who pushed myself to you, okay. It’s my fault for assuming that you appreciate my efforts that I’ve made for you. It’s my fault for feeling happy when you’re around. It’s my entire fault. Got it. I’m sorry.”

He slowly turned his back from me, walked away and entered his unit.

And I was left here alone in this silent hallway and finally, my tears already start to fall.