SECRETS

"You're Deku!!" Eijiro says. Does he know Kacchan?

"How do you know that name?" I ask.

"Long story"

"I have time"

———————————-

Midoriya's pov

"Izuku, are you sure you want to help?" Shoto asks softly while we prepare the horses.

"It's kacchan, he may have sold me off but he helped me" I whisper.

"What happened between you two?" He asks.

"When we were kids we got into some trouble, the person guiding us through the woods....died," I start.

"We found our way back home but it cost money," money that we didn't have...

"Kacchan took that as an invitation to not only to get the money but get rid of me" the only burden in his life

"the buyer took me here where I was a servant, you know the rest"

"Izuku, I'm sorry I didn't know," Shoto says.

"I didn't want you to know,"

that look on Shoto's face. Pity. I hate it when people look at me like that. No one should pity me. I could've had it worse. People do have it worse. I have a good life, I'm marrying the love of my life, I have a stable home, I have everything anyone could ask for. Yet the second someone finds out about my past all they see is a small boy that was bought and sold.

"Please don't look at me like that," I say while looking at the ground.

"I don't want you to worry about me, I can protect myself" Shoto wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to his chest.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that, I'll always worry about you" he laughs lightly

"Let's go we've already wasted a day!" The yellow-haired one says...I think his name was Denki?

"Ready to go girl?" I gently stroke my horse's mane. She whinnies and bucks her front legs up.

"Ok, let's go" I jumped up on the saddle. Shoto and the others do the same.

"We'll be back in a day's time, if not send out a patrol," Shoto tells Tenya.

"Yes my lord," he says.

The six of us begin to ride out. Kacchan leads the way to where the others took his...whatever this guy is to kacchan. The 'royals' that arrived apparently weren't on the guest list, they're missing now. The others in the court don't remember seeing them at all. Even Shoto doesn't remember them, he's never heard of them. It doesn't make sense, they were there yesterday, I saw them, we talked. Everyone else saw them as well so why am I the only one that remembers them?!

"Where is he?" I ask kacchan over the loud footsteps of the horses.

"Down this road, there's something you should know about this guy," he says.

"He's a dragon, that can turn into a human"

what.

"I thought the dragons were wiped out," Shoto says.

"His parents were, luckily my mom found his egg,"

"When did this happen?" I exclaim.

"Three years ago"

WHAT.

"dragon's age faster until they reach their teen years, technically speaking he's only 3 human years old, in dragon years he's 16"