SEARCHING

Kirishima's pov

"I'm sorry what?" I shake my head in disbelief. Dabi is helping us, with no cost at all? Really?

"I'm helping dumbass, let's go, I'll find a way to get us to the castle, I don't really know the way since I teleport everywhere but I can't take more than two people," the man says Weil we pack up the campsite.

"But first we gotta get a message to greenie" a message?

"How, we can't get any birds out there?" Katsuki says.

"Not birds dumbass, magic" magic?

"So you'll send him a message for us?" Shoto asks.

"No, you will" he pokes a finger at Katsuki's chest. He doesn't have magic.

"I don't have any magic" katsuki laughs

"Well, ya do I can feel it, I'll help you focus it and train it" what?!

"Dabi, I don't have any magic, neither of my parents do, no one in my family does"

"Family ties matter, sure, why do you think greenie stays away from his magic because he doesn't want to use it to hurt people accidentally," I always wondered why Deku doesn't have magic.

"but also emotions," oh?

"if you're strongly tied to someone with magic like a son of the darkest sorcerer ever or perhaps in love with a dragon you could potentially manifest your own from their auras" oh, so it's my fault.

"I don't have magic, if I did we would already have Deku back" Shoto and I share a look, a silent conversation with our eyes. Saying that katsuki has been a little different lately. Could it be magic?

"Katsuki, what's the harm of trying?" I suggest. If he has it he should learn. Dabi knows more about magic than us.

"Fine" katsuki groans. He and Dabi sit down by the burnt-out fire. Shoto and I stand off to the side.

"You've used magic before right?" Dabi asks. I mentally facepalm

"No, I don't have magic, this is just a waste of time" katsuki scoffs. Shoto mumbles in agreement with him.

"No weird circumstances, nothing odd about being able to track down any plant that you need, or being able to find a clear path even in the darkest of nights" wait-

That adds up. I just thought katsuki was an amazing tracker but it could be magic...

"Or maybe it's the buzz that you get when you're nearby something you need, that blanket you were looking for, that herb you need for supper"

"Ok, I get the point"

"You're a searcher, locator spells will be our foundation and we'll work our way back up" this is so random.

"This is crap, we should be finding Izuku" Shoto mumbles.

"If katsuki really does have magic he could find the castle with one simple spell," I say, nudging Shoto in the side.

"Focus, I hid a marble around camp, find it," dabi says.

"I don't need to focus dumbass, it's right there" katsuki points up to a bird's nest in a tree.

"Now that you have a sure location hold out your hand and make it come to you" uh

No other instructions? It's a lot harder to use magic than just saying what you want to do. turning into a human takes all of my energy and I can't really do anything else until I release the transformation spell and turn back into a dragon. It took me months just to learn how to turn into a human. Much less hold it constantly.