BURN

Midoriya's pov

My entire body aches as I try to sit up in the bed. What's happened? How did I get back here?

"Shoto?" I say. He's not in here, something must be happening. I lay back down. My entire body hurts.

The door swings open, Shoto, Tenya, ochako, and Asui walk in.

"Izuku, you're up!!" Shoto says, he runs over to me then sits on the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asks

His hand reaches for my own. Even a graze of his finger sends hot needles to my hand. I rapidly pull away from the shock.

"Izuku, what's wrong?!" Shoto exclaims. I clutch my hand tightly, it feels like I'm on fire.

"Sorry, I don't know" I wince.

"Send for the physician," Shoto orders.

"Yes sire" Tenya and Asui run off.

"Izuku we're getting you help right now" Shoto whispers, his hand touches my upper arm. More pain shoots through me. I yelp and Shoto pulls away.

"Izuku..."

Every time we touch it hurts.

"Shoto, I think I know what's wrong," I say shakily.

"Your touch"

"My touch?" He asks.

"When you touch me it hurts" his eyes widen. He backs away from me slowly.

"I-I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault!" I say frantically

"It's magic, Kacchan knows how to reverse it" Shoto and Ochako share a look

"Izuku, we gotta talk about him" what about kacchan?

"Last night he and Eijiro were off in the woods but when Eijiro woke up he was gone," kacchan is missing?

"He's gone?" I ask. My gaze shifts to the sheet.

"He left a note so we know that he's safe," Ochako explains. That IDIOT!!!!!!

"I'm going after him" I start to get up but my legs give out. I use the edge of the bed to keep myself off the ground. Shoto distances himself away from me causing my heart to break a little.

"You can barely stand," Ochako says.

"Barely is still something and if I can stand I can fight and if I can fight I can save him," I say.

The physician walks in through the open door. They guide me back to the bed.

"What's wrong"

"Nothing, I'm fine" I mumble while she starts to check me over. Her hand grazes my bare arm causing pain to shoot through me.

"Oh yeah you look fine" She scoffs. I guess it applies to everyone...

"I can't check him out without touching him, both of you get out" she pushes Shoto and Ochako out of the room.

"Ok, what's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing is wrong" I mumble. She gives me the stink eye but continues.

"You need to tell me so I can help" I swallow nervously

"Everything hurts, constantly" I whisper.

"It gets worse when someone touches me"

"You need to tell the king," she says.

"If you leave this castle to find the boy it'll just get worse"

"I have to!" I exclaim.

"Kacchan may be a jerk but I owe him a lot"

"If you leave to find him, you won't return"

"That's a risk I'm willing to take"

Todoroki's pov

Izuku and the physician walk out of the room, Izuku looks unsteady but fine. The physician whispers in my ear.

"He'll be fine, just try not to touch him," she says. I push past her to be by Izuku.

"Izuku, are you ok?" I ask.

"I'm fine Shoto, we have to go find kacchan though" I resist rolling my eyes.

of course, that's what he's thinking about.

I'm not jealous of the angry blonde. I'm not jealous of the angry blonde. I'm not jealous of the angry blonde. I'm not jealous of the angry blonde. I'm not jealous of the angry blonde. I'm not jealous of the angry blonde

"I'll assemble a search party," I say quietly. Since Katsuki showed up it's been Kacchan this and Kacchan that. I'm starting to think that he and Izuku were more than good friends, what else is Izuku lying about?

"Shoto are you ok?" Izuku asks while we walk through the corridors of the old palace.

"I'm fine" I grumble.

"What's wrong" ....the fact that it seems like you care about a guy who sold you off more than me and you're lying to me about more than just your father having magic.

"Nothing" I start to walk ahead a bit. Tenya and the other three stay quiet.

"Shoto, talk to me, please" he begs while trying to catch up with me.

"I don't want to talk!" I say.

"Why are you yelling at me!"

"Ok...why don't we go calm down?" Asui says.

"I don't need to calm down!" I yell, turning back to face them.

"I need to be able to look my future husband in the eye and believe that he's telling me the truth!!"

"Shoto, what are you talking about?" Izuku asked.

"Your father, knowing magic, your past, I don't know anything about you anymore, it's like I don't even know you!!!"

Izuku looks at me with hurt eyes and I know I messed up. Izuku's smile fades as he turns on his heel and walks away.

"Izuku wait!!!" Tenya keeps me from following him.

"Give him some time"

"That was just mean, Shoto," Ochako says while running to follow Izuku.

"I messed up" I mumbled.

"Yeah, but just let him have some time"

I'm sorry...

I didn't mean it.

"What are you doing!?"