CURSE OF A BROKEN HEART

Kirishima's pov

"What's wrong with him?" Katsuki asked casually after explaining that he's dying. Deku is lying on a mat, turned away from us.

"The king banished him, almost killed him" I mumbled.

"Oh," katsuki says.

"Hold up why?!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"He thinks Deku and I kissed"

"He. Thinks. What?!"

"We didn't but I admit it does look incriminating" I scratch the back of my head sheepishly

"..." katsuki remains silent. The only thing scarier than a yelling katsuki is a silent katsuki.

"Kat? You mad?" My head falls on his shoulder. I can feel his bone, has he been eating? His head rests on mine.

"I'm not mad. I just don't like the thought of people thinking you're like that" me neither.

"What's your plan for the poison?" I ask.

"I know where it is I just gotta get to it"

"I could fly" I suggest

"No, you were already almost caught again back in our kingdom, don't get caught here" alright...

"What about Deku?" Kat asks.

"There's no cure for what he has, he's going to die," I say softly.

"No, he's not, not of the cure I'm looking for works" what?

"It's a remedy to cure all ills," he says.

"Magic, venom, even death itself, if we can find that, we can save Deku"

I look back at Deku. He's not sleeping. He's just laying there, numb.

"What if he doesn't want to be saved" I mumble.

"Little bitch doesn't have a choice" that's not right. We can't force someone to live.

"We can't force him to take the cure"

"I don't care if I have to shove it down his damn throat, Deku is going back there and he is going to be with icy hot" calm down. Chill out.

"Katsuki, he's hurting right now," I start.

"He hasn't said a word since his audience with the king"

he just keeps that numb look on his face. No 16 year old should have that look. Everyone he's cared about has abandoned him. Now the king, the one person he thought he could trust, left him as well.

"What did red and white do to him?"

"Broke his heart"

The once cheery and positive greenette is reduced to a shell of a man. Just laying there, not moving, not speaking, not feeling. It's said in ancient myths that once true love fails the heart can never be repaired. If the heart breaks the person can't feel anything. I don't know if these myths are real but if they are, this is it.

The curse of a broken heart.

In myths, the owner of the heart either killed themselves or lived out the rest of their lives as a numb shell being kept alive by their friends with an intense suicide watch. Even if the person who broke it apologizes, the other can't feel anything so they can't repair it themselves. Honestly, I think it's cruel in some myths how they keep the victim alive. Living in that pain seems unbearable.

"I'll never break your heart" katsuki whispers.

"And I you"

Deku would be trying to off himself if he didn't already think he was going to die. It's scary, knowing he's so unstable right now but he's not acting on that instability.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask Deku. He doesn't respond. ,

"Oi, bitch, stop moping" katsuki yells.

"Why!" Deku snaps, sitting up to look at us. He takes a deep breath then begins to rant.

"It's not like you've done anything to help since you got back, you led us into a trap trying to save mr. helpless dragon bitch over there which led to me being poisoned and taken prisoner by your guy's fuck buddy then I was a lost sold, again, the first time was you and we were FIVE, then I get cured and rescued, only to find out that I can't be touched by anyone and if I do it feels Ike my skin is burning and I'm gonna die in a week and my ex-fiancé just spent half an hour telling me about how I don't love him anymore even though I feel like I can't breathe without him, oh and you showed up again so my luck is about to take a turn for the worse again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

....

Damn

Deku lays back down and turns his back to us leaving me and Katsuki with dropped jaws and wide eyes.

"Damn Deku"

Bakugou's pov

In the morning, Deku is still just laying there. I don't think he slept. Eijiro is still asleep next to me, his wings serving as a blanket. I slowly sit up, making sure not to move any of the silky red scales because that'll wake him.

"Deku, you gotta eat something," I say while handing him a loaf of bread.

"Not hungry" he mumbles, pushing the bread away. His eyes are so dark and broken, it's like there is shattered glass in them.

"Deku, you gotta talk" he grunts and turns on his other side.

"Deku, please, just tell me how you're feeling" I beg. He sits up and looks me in the eyes. Their pale grey color became even more clear. Deku,...

"I can't feel anything," he says, voice shaking

"Nothing that you do is going to help me, I might as well die already" his eyes drift to my sword hilt then quickly look away.

He's fighting it. That's good, there's hope. I know all about those fairytales about the curse of a broken heart, something is wrong with Deku and right now that's the closest thing to an official diagnosis. Deku is either gonna kill himself or spend the rest of his life trying to kill himself.

"Deku, if you're gonna kill your self do it now while Eijiro is asleep," I say quietly

"What makes you think I won't"

"Because you're too much of a pussy" before I can react he grabs my sword and puts it to his neck.

"Do it, one swipe and you'll end it all" Deku's hand does something I didn't expect, it shakes. Ever so slightly. But it's still there.

"You're not going to do it," I say. Deku drops the blade and falls onto me.

"It's ok Deku, we'll get through this"

"No, we won't," he whispers into my chest.

"Maybe this cure will cure your heart" I suggest, trying to hold onto some notion of hope.

"We can try"

That's all we need.