POPCORN

midoriya's pov

"What's wrong with him" the blonde, I think her name was Himiko, says from her spot on my lap. I'm tied to a chair in a dark and musty room, Himiko has taken it on herself to make my lap her personal chair. Jin is sitting at the table like a normal person because all of this is really normal...

"Just kill me" I mumble. Jin and Himiko laugh

"No, there's someone you have to see," the cheeky girl says.

"I don't care anymore just kill me"

"Now is that any way to speak about your papa" a tall man in a mask with white hair poking out from behind treks down the tall spiral staircase. Papa? He's gone just like everyone else I cared about.

"Oh Izuku, such a strong happy boy reduced to...nothing" the man's tongue clicks through the mask.

"You don't know anything about me," I snap at him.

"Oh but, that's where you're wrong"

The man lifts his mask, revealing the face of my papa. And for the first time in days my heart pangs. Tears fill my eyes as I shake my head.

"You died, you're not really here, t-this is a trick" I stutter. The man unties my hands causing the rope to hit the ground with a thud.

"Favorite color, green, katsudon, called his best friend kacchan, mother died, of the plague" papa

"It really is you" when my arms are free I wrap him in a hug. The feelings of sadness and joy slowly fade away leaving me numb again.

"I missed you my boy" he whispers into the crook of my neck.

"But you died, I watched you die"

"That was an illusion to make you strong"

What?

"You left me alone, an orphan as a way to make me strong!?" I ask while pushing him away.

"It worked better than I could've ever hoped for," he says.

this isn't my papa at all. My papa wouldn't have faked his own death and killed Shoto just to make me stronger. He wouldn't have left me. Unless he needs something from me.

"No," I say, backing away from him.

"No?"

"Whatever you want from me, you won't get it," I say.

"You don't have a choice my boy, I will get what I want from you and you will like every second of it" he waves his hand, transferring us to a large bedroom

"Don't try to escape or die, I've made sure that you can never die as long as that little trinket is on you" he gestures to a small necklace hanging from my neck, the pendant is a small golden lock.

"The room has a protection spell on it, no one can get in or out unless their heart is in one piece, luckily for me, yours isn't" my papa explains.

"I'll see you at dinner, there are clothes in the closet and everything you need will be brought to you" a puff of purple smoke appears as my papa vanishes.

I need to get a message to Eijiro and the other two!

I look out the window, there's a bird outside. It's a messenger bird!! I dig through the draws of the desk, looking for a paper and pen, only to come up empty. I sit down on the canopy bed.

It's not worth it, might as well just succumb to whatever papa has in store for me. Maybe he can get me to feel something. He'll do better than Shoto ever could. He wouldn't push me away for the sake of it. How wouldn't let himself be killed and replaced like that-