two.

(tw- picture of feet lol)

This morning I woke up, not realising i'd fallen asleep on top of my bed with my towel still wrapped around me.

Cara and I went shopping and I finished unpacking everything in my room and we went out for food.

And here I am, sat in my bedroom staring blankly at the wall. Cara is my best friend and I love her but her personality is so big and happy. And well... im not used to it. I didn't have many friends before I left home, I dropped out of college after my book blew up. I mean, I was unhappy and I didn't need to be at college anymore.

I remember I need to message Finneas, but well.. I'm scared. This opportunity is huge but nobody knows who Angel Monarch is. Im not ready to share my identity and I don't think I ever will be.

I decide to go with a simple 'hey finneas its angel monarch, my manager gave me your number' rather than something too extreme. While I wait for his reply, I decide to go on my instagram and check my tagged photos and see a bunch of photos of people sharing photos of themselves with my book or merchandise or their favourite pages. I repost a couple on my story and like and comment on a few posts, letting them know I appreciate their support.
I have a look at my dm requests, seeing hundreds of people messaging me about the book or random questions. i keep scrolling and spot a dm from @billieeilish

oh my fucking god

okay don't freak

she's just a person

I click onto her profile and press the follow button, scroll through her photos, seeing a bunch of her and her boyfriend, some random photoshoots and awards or announcements. The last time I followed a verified user on twitter my fast went crazy, thinking I was collating so I scroll through and follow a bunch of celebrities, including Finneas so it doesn't look obvious.

I click on her dm and its just a simple 'hey'

what do i put?

i don't wanna sound weird

omg

think, gabrielle think

I just reply with a simple 'hi'

Finneas replies to my message so I tap onto my text messages and read the paragraph he sent me.

finneas o'connell

Hi, yes this is Finneas.
I'm not sure whether your
manager explained but Billie
and I would love to potentially
collaborate together, writing a song.
Lisa explained to me you'd like to remain
anonymous so I have an idea while
you think about my offer.
if you have an email I can send
you through some song ideas
and things we've been working
on and feel free to email back with some
suggestions or lyrics you want to add.