forty three

completely unrelated to the chapter but the music I listen to when writing really impacts on what I write about lol

"are you sure you're okay? I wish I could be there"

"I'm okay baby I promise, I gotta go, I'm at the hotel now, hopefully I'll be at the show tonight but I'll text you"

"okay, everything gonna be okay whatever it is"

"I hope so bambi, I love you"

"I love you more sunshine"

I was sat in the middle of the arena two days ago while billie was doing soundcheck, doodling in my notebook when my phone rang.

"Hi dad! How are you?"

"Hi kiddo I'm okay, are you free to talk?"

"of course, is everything okay?"

"there's something we need to talk about in person and-"

"are you sick?"

"no no I'm not sick"

"well what is it?"

"it's something we need to discuss in person, if I fly out tomorrow wherever you are, do you think you can come and see me?"

"of course dad, I'll get your flights and everything booked with Lisa don't worry. are you okay?"

"I'm okay angel don't worry, ill see you tomorrow"

my dad put the phone down before I could say anything more and I looked down at my phone in confusion before waving Lisa over who was talking to Mike. Billie glanced over at me in confusion but I was more focused on getting a flight sorted for my dad.

I'll explain everything to her later.

Lisa booked the flight straight away and sent my dad the details for the flight which would be flying out to arrive tomorrow morning.

we were currently in Delaware for two days so thankfully I can see him before we're back on the road again.

I walk up to the reception desk of the hotel and the receptionist smiles at me. "hi, my father is in this hotel and I was wondering if you could contact him and let him know I' here so he can tell me his room number"

"of course! what's his name?"

"Tony Winters"

she tapped away on her computer then dialled a number and held it up to her ear. "hi is this Mr Winters?"

"hi! it's Jean from the reception, I have your daughter here with me, is it okay if I give her your room number so she can come up?"

"okay brilliant, thank you Mr Winters, I'll send her up now"

she puts the phone down and looks me up and down a little before smiling. "room 318, level four"

"thank you Jean"

I hope she doesn't think I'm an escort.

I make my way up the elevator and locate his room, taking a deep breath before knocking on his door. he opens it straight away and I look him over to make sure he doesn't look sick and hugging him.

"I've missed you" I mutter.

we both sit on his bed and I realise something. "wait have you lost your job?"

"no no nothing bad, I don't think"

he looks so nervous.

"okay what's going on?"