forty seven

this is your sign to cut toxic people outta your life to better your mental health. it was the hardest thing i've ever had to do, but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

"so today we've got the world famous Angel Monarch with us here today, thank you for coming"

"thank you so much for having me, I'm honoured" 

"how are you?"

"amazing! I'm back on tour with billie which is so much fun, I've been working on my new book"

"can you tell us a bit about your new book?"

"well it's been the hardest book to put together, to write, to finish. it's the most personal thing I've ever put out into the world, if that makes sense"

Dylan, the interviewer, nods in understanding.

"most of my poems are pretty versatile and open to interpretation I guess? but I open up a lot about grief, bullying, depression, body image issues, sexuality, love, my childhood and being happy. without going into too much detail theres like different parts of the book, it's split up but I promise it's not all sad poetry, theres a lot of happy shit in there too, oh fuck am I allowed to swear?" I cover my mouth and Dylan nods.

"yeah it's okay we can mute it" he gives me a warm smile and glances down the sheets in front of him. 

"are you gonna be doing a book signing?"

"a thousand percent! I really wanna meet the people who love my books, and obviously now that my identity has been revealed I can do that"

"how was that?"

"coming out?"

he nods his head and I sigh.

"imma be honest, I shouldn't have done it when I did, but I'm happy it's out now?" I shrug "obviously theres been some backlash but overall the fans and my close friends have been amazing"

"thats right! because they didn't know"

"no" I shake my head "the only people that knew was my dad and my manager until I started talking with billie, even then we'd been texting months before I accidentally revealed myself"

"it was an accident?"

"yeah" I laugh remembering how it happened but knowing cara would kill me if I told them walked in on her getting boned. 

"I sent her the wrong text and she figured it out"

"how did you meet her in person?"

"I was planning on going to LA anyways, because I had some work over there and I surprised her at one of her concerts. I stood in the crowd and she spotted me when she was singing our song actually"

"what was it like writing with them? because you're the first"

"crazy. billie and finneas are like completely different people but exactly the same at the same time? it's fascinating to watch the way thy work and how much actually goes into producing  song"

"are you going to help other artists write songs in the future?"

"there's a ton of people who've reached out to me and theres a lot of people I'd love to work with in the future but right now, I'm focusing on myself and my own shit"