Chapter 36

RECAP

RAENNES POV

"No they don't. Logan hates me, no one has talked to me. They don't care" I sobbed continuously

"Why does Logan hate you?" He asked softly

I went on my phone and opened up the messages from Logan. Then, I handed my phone to him.

As he read through the messages I saw his face drop.  He then pulled me into a big hug and said  "She doenst the hate you. She's just worried about you. She wants to know if your okay like everyone else"

"How about we facetime her right now?" He asked

I shrugged as he pressed the facetime icon and then she could pick her phone up any minute now...

PRESENT

JADENS POV

When Raenne showed me those messages I felt so bad.  Her life is falling apart before her eyes and she feels paralyzed, like she can't do anything to fix it.

Once I saw the messages I asked Raenne if she would be okay with facetiming Logan to clear the air. Baby steps to find out what's going on and help her.

RAENNES POV

I didn't want to call Logan. But I know my dad will make me facetime her.

The phone was ringing as he was rubbing my back. If she doesn't pick up I've lost one of my closest friends who I grew up with my whole life from age 1 to now.

After the ringing for a couple dreadful seconds, she picked up.

"Raenne why in the fuck are you calling me" she said not looking at the camera. She didn't notice that my dad was the one holding the camera. I didn't say anything which made her look up at her phone.

"Yo Jaden!" She exclaimed. Logan has always had a good relationship with my family. She is very close with them, it's almost like my family her her family too.

"Hey Logs" Dad said looking at her face.

"Um Raenne here has something to tell you" Dad said pointing the camera at me. I look up at the camera then back down at my lap. I saw her face drop when she saw my tear stains and puffy eyes, then she was just looking at me with sadness and empathy.

"I-I-I'm sorry for not answering your texts.." I said with a quiet voice but loud enough for the phone to pick up. I felt a couple tears slowly dripping down my cheeks making my eye sight slightly blurry from the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Rae.." Logan started, "It's okay I was just frustrated with Michael and wanted to talk to you," she calmly explained. "That's it okay you have nothing to worry about." she assured me as I kept looking at my lap.

"Angel you stay here while I go outside and talk to Logan for a bit," he said, "okay?" he said waiting for a response. I nodded slightly so he could tell I was hearing him.

TO BE CONTINUED...