Chapter 38

RECAP

JADENS POV

I told her everything.

"And that's pretty much it" I said finishing up my rant I said to Logan.

PRESENT

LOGANS POV

When Jaden finished ranting about what going on with my bestfriend, I felt so guilty. I wasn't there for her, I pushed her away and didn't help her. I have no clue what so ever what was going on with her. She needed me and I wasn't there.

JADENS POV

After I told Logan, I could tell the gears in her head were moving, I was speaking to her but she couldn't respond. She was zoned out and drowned in her thoughts.

"Yo Logan" I said trying to gain he attention, "Logs!" I said speaking into my phone.

"Oh yea huh?" she said focusing at her phone again.

"You good?" I questioned curiously

She looked down and said, "this is all my fault.."

"Logan...." I started, "This isn't your fault at all." I continued, "She has always been unstable and didn't tell us. Remember when she got diagnosed with anxiety?" I questioned

"Yea.." she said, "I guess your right." she continued.

"Well I better get going and drive Raenne home." I said to Logan, "I'm not sure if she will be at school today" I stated unsurly

Logan nodded her head and we said our goodbyes.

IN THE PAST

4 YEARS AGO

NO ONES POV

Today was the day before Raenne was going to overnight camp. She had gone a few years ago, when she went for the first time and had the worst experience imaginable. She missed her family so much, had serious separation anxiety and nervousness and social anxiety. She would have several panic attacks everyday. The two week that she was there was hell at such a young age. She was 9

This year, Raenne decided she wanted to go back again and try again. Dixie was a councillor at the overnight camp, and Josh also went to the camp. Raenne hopped that Dixie would be her councillor knowing it would make the experience a lot more enjoyable. Jaden and Mads were also in contact with the owner of the camp to make sure she had a good councillor and they requested for her to have Dixie as a councillor. To make her more comfortable at the camp.

The night before they left to drive to camp, Raenne was so anxious and couldn't sleep, having thoughts continuously drowning in her mind.

The morning of, she cried when she woke up knowing she had to go to camp. Most kids would be over the moon on this day, but Raenne was different. Jaden and Mads asked her if she wanted to call it quits before they left and decide that in the circumstances Raenne was in it would be best for her not to go. But Raenne though that this would make her weak and her parents would be disappointed in her.

Jaden and Mads would have never been disappointed if Raenne decided that she couldn't go, they would understand and help her get through this.

Raenne and Mads drove 3 hours up to the camp. That drive consisted of Raenne balling her eyes out, hyperventilating and gloomy.

They got to the camp. This was the point where hell broke loose, when Raenne found out Dixie wasn't her councillor she broke down. It was the only thing that would help her through this, now she had no hope.

She had a panic attack for 2 hours and Mads, the councillors and the owner of the camp tried to calm her down and convince her to stay and set up he bunk, but it didn't work.

Mads decided that it was best for her to take Raenne home and try coming back in a week.

When they got home Raenne felt so guilty and troublesome. Her parents and Cooper tried to talk with her about it, they did but it didn't help her.

A week later...Raenne decided she needed to prove to herself that she could go back and stay at camp. So, Jaden and her drove up to camp.

They got there and she bailed, she couldn't do it. She felt useless, incapable, guilty and felt like people were disappointed in her.

A couple weeks later, after long discussions and talks Mads and Jaden decided to get Raenne tested for mental health disorders.

A couple weeks after they went to get her tested, the results came back and showed that Raenne suffered from severe social anxiety, separation anxiety and minor PTSD from experiences that she had such as her first year at camp and others that gave her lots of anxiety.

This was a bit heavy. I'm sorry for that. I based the flashback in this chapter from something I went through. The whole entire story time is completely true and I hope no one ever has to go through it.