Chapter 37

RECAP

"Um Raenne here has something to tell you" Dad said pointing the camera at me. I look up at the camera then back down at my lap. I saw her face drop when she saw my tear stains and puffy eyes, then she was just looking at me with sadness and empathy.

"I-I-I'm sorry for not answering your texts.." I said with a quiet voice but loud enough for the phone to pick up. I felt a couple tears slowly dripping down my cheeks making my eye sight slightly blurry from the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Rae.." Logan started, "It's okay I was just frustrated with Michael and wanted to talk to you," she calmly explained. "That's it okay you have nothing to worry about." she assured me as I kept looking at my lap.

"Angel you stay here while I go outside and talk to Logan for a bit," he said, "okay?" he said waiting for a response. I nodded slightly so he could tell I was hearing him.

PRESENT

JADENS POV

Logan's face on the phone and her silent letting me tell raenne something. after, I quickly rubbed raennes forearm to comfort her before opening the car door and slowly getting out of the sleek car.

NO ONES POV

On the other side of the phone, Logan was seeing a shaky view from the Hossler mans attempt to get out of his car. She laughed at him being so clumsy.

After the treacherous attempt to get out of his car, Jaden finally was able to walk on the pavement properly like a normal human.

He was scared for the girls response for what he was just about to tell her. He didn't want her feeling like she needs to do something or needs to be there for the girl. Because in the end, if she tries to help the struggling girl, she will end up getting pushed away and filled with sadness and guilt.

He knows that Logan blames herself for most things Raenne does. For example, Raenne used to complain to Logan about how her brother, Cooper barely talks to her. Logan blamed this on herself because she believed truly that if she hadn't hung out with the girl so much that Raennes older brother would spend more time with her.

Obviously none of this was true...maybe partially true.....

JADENS POV

I walked out of my car and stood up, then started to walk around the parking lot with the phone in my hand speaking to Raennes one of raennes bestfriend.

"Jaden what's going on?" Logan questioned with worry and sadness in her voice. This was going to be hard for her to comprehend.

"I'm really not sure Logs" I said looking around seeing my surroundings, "I don't know what I can do" my voice cracked as my head was staring at my feet.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" she snapped and raised her voice a little bit. Not patient enough to wait for the truth to come.

"She won't tell us anything..." I stated and kept calm.

"Well...." she started at that point I knew the gears in her head were turning round and round as time passed.

"Do you want everything?" I questioned her

"yes everything" she said emphasizing the word everything.

"Okay well..." I started, " First......