Chapter Twenty Six, Bring My Best Friend Back\ Let's Go Get Kanan!..

It had been a few days since Kanan was captured. Ever since then, Ezra has been locked up in his room. Hera knew that something else was bothering him, so she came to talk to him. Ezra heard someone knocking on his door before wiping his tears away.

"Come in!..."

Hera comes in, seeing Ezra is upset about something else. "Ezra, I know you're still upset about losing Kanan to Empire, I am too!... But I can tell that something else is bothering you!..."

Ezra rubs his shoulder nervously, before speaking up. "Well; you see, what happened was..."

Ezra's eyes flashbacks to last night when he told Sara of Kanan's capture.

"Ezra, I understand you're upset after what happened... But you have to stop looking for him, one soldier isn't worth the lives of your crew!..."

"Okay; one, he's not a soldier!... Two; while he can take care of himself, Kanan is our friend!... Sara, I can't just forget him...! And I can't believe you would either, I thought you cared about him!..."

"I do care about Kanan!..."

"Well, you don't act like it!... When you or Mark look at him now, all you see is an obstacle!... Or even worse, a target!.... But I see, a wise, brave, and caring person, who's trying his hardest to raise me as a great padawan!...."

"But it's who we are!...."

"No, it's who you are!... I'm different now, Sara!... If we survive this war, I am still staying with my crew, and I am still leaving home!.... Whenever you're happy for me or not!..."

Sara turns away a bit saddened but angry. Ezra looks down, knowing Sara didn't get it just as Mark did. "I knew you wouldn't understand!...."

Ezra sobs a little before shutting the transmitter off.

Ezra sighs, knowing things aren't the same without Kanan. Meanwhile; in his cell, Kanan missed his crew... But he missed Ezra so much more.

Kanan(Singing):

I don't know what I'm doing here,
I wish that I could just disappear.
But then how long would I have to roam,
till I found my way back home?
Why did I go?
How could I go?
I didn't know I'd miss him so!...
I'm not even in the mood for snacks,
No food will bring my best friend back!....

Ezra(Singing):

When you have made a friend so true,
He cheers you up when you feel blue.
You never think you'd see the day,
He picks up and goes away.
Why did he go?
How could he go?
Doesn't he know I need him so?
I'll search in every cart and shack,
Until I bring my best friend back.
How long must I look till I find him?
And what will he say when I do?
How long will it take to remind him;
Of all the good times we've been through?

Both(Singing)

Why did he go? (Why did I go?)
How could he go? (How could I go?)

Kanan(Singing):

I didn't know I'd miss him so!

Ezra(Singing)

I'll search in every cart and shack.
In every barn and tall haystack!...

Kanan(Singing):

I gotta get things back on track.
And somehow find a way!...

Ezra(Singing):

I'll keep searching come what may;

Both(Singing):

Until I get my...best...friend...
Back!...

Ezra wipes a tear away his eyes as Hera reached a consoling hand out to her youngest member. "Ezra!..."

The young boy turns to her, determined not to lose a member of his family to Empire. He had lost enough. "I'm not running again, Hera!... I'm rescuing Kanan and putting end to the Inquisitor's madness!...."

"Fine, there's just one big problem; we don't know where he is!...."

Ezra smirks, knowing he has a plan. "Don't worry, I have a plan!..."

They meet outside the Ghost where the hidden TIE fighter is kept, where Ezra saw that Sabine had it painted a few days ago. Zeb however, didn't like it one bit! "Okay, well this is... Awful!..."

"What?!... It's some of my best work!..."

"I don't know, I kind of like it!...."

"Thank you, Ezra, so what did you wanna show us?..."

Ezra takes out a tracker, one that Sabine recognizes from her days at the academy. "Wait, is that lightsaber tracker?..."

"Yeah, I managed to steal one from Mark when we were on our Empire Day mission before the Inquisitor knocked me out!... Before Mark knocked me earlier the other day, I managed to put it on Kanan's lightsaber!... And it's blended in with the saber, so the imperials won't even notice it!..."

Sabine was shocked but amazed at the same time. "That was the craziest thing I have ever heard!... I'm impressed!..."

However, Zeb thinks Ezra's rescue mission is completely insane. "I thought you were supposed to be the normal one, this plan is about as crazy as those colours!..."

Ezra knows this mission doesn't make sense, but Kanan's life could depend on it. "Maybe you're right, maybe this mission doesn't make Jedi sense!... But Zeb, Kanan is family!... And believe me when I say on behalf of all of us that we've all lost enough family to the Empire, so rescuing him makes sense to both me and Chopper!... I'm asking you; expecting any of you to come along, but you need to decide now: In, or out!...

"I'm in!..."

"I'm in!..."

Both Sabine and Hera turn to Zeb, who sighs knowing Ezra's right. "(SIGHS) Karabast... I'm in!... But what about the TIE?..."

Hera shook her head, knowing they don't have a lot of time. "No to change it; besides, the Imperials will only scan it!.. By the time the Imperials see it..."

Sabine smirked, finishing the sentence for her. "It will be too late!.... So, where is Kanan right now?..."

Ezra looks at the tracker. "Looks he's aboard Tarkin's star destroyer!... It's still here above Lothal, but it's scheduled to leave soon for the Mufsafar system!... I've only heard that name once, from Sara...! She says it's where Jedi go to die!..."

Sabine places a determined hand on Ezra's shoulder, knowing that she can't change his mind. "Well... It's a good day for doom!..."

As she and Zeb go inside an imperial transport they stole yesterday, Hera smiles, placing a proud hand on Ezra's shoulder. "I'm proud of you; you stepped up and took the lead, Kanan has taught you well!..."

Ezra smiles, knowing she has done the same. "So have you!... Don't I owe you four a trip into space?...."

Hera smiles, knowing that Ezra is a Jedi just like his father before him. Ezra grins, before motices to the transport

"Let's go get Kanan!..."