Chapter Eleven, Information About Ezra's Family Part One,

It had been a few days since Ezra's first Force push with Kallus and saving Zeb's life. However, his new life with Sabine hasn't been great after hearing a harsh conversation with Sabine and the others after he had saved Zeb's life.

Ezra was walking to the common room for Jedi training with Zeb and Kanan when he heard Sabine's voice speak up from the common room.

"I'm sorry Kanan, but I think Ezra is struggling to adjust to this new life."

"Oh come now Sabine, he's only just arrived!" Ezra peeks his head through the doorway, listening to Kanan defending him against Sabine as Hera and Zeb speak up as well.

"Okay, so he's not the best with explosive techniques, or Jedi practice, or flying abilities, but nobody's perfect!"

"He's trying and that's what matters! Honourable Lasan Rule 3: "No matter how bad things get, never give up on a follow rebel!" Sorry for speaking loudly; because of dust when I was cleaning out the vents earlier not ha, I still can't hear that great. Also on an unrelated note, HE'S OUR FRIEND!"

Ezra smiles at Hera, Kanan, and Zeb defending him before they turn to Sabine.

"Right, Sabine?"

"Right?"

"Well...

"Now Sabine, don't tell me that you're not happy to have the kid here!"

"Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm happy to have Ezra in my life-"

Zeb just crosses his arms, knowing there's a but in the sentence.

"But?..."

"But I don't know, it's probably my fault! I've gone so long without a brother, I guess I don't know how to have one?..."

Zeb sighs sadly as Ezra watches in shock.

"Well; the kid might not be a brother to you just yet anyway, Kanan's right. He's been gone on his own without a real family for so long, you've got to give him time to figure out who he is and how he fits into this family!..."

Ezra just holds a picture of his real family, unsure of how he can fit into his new family. Suddenly, he hears someone knocking on the door before he puts the locket away. "Come in..."

Zeb comes in carrying a plate of porridge for breakfast. "Hey... I brought you some porridge, in case you were hungry!..."

Ezra takes it as he takes a few bites out of it, right before Zeb gets an idea. "How about this? Me and Sabine I stole a TIE the other day. Maybe after lunch, me, you, and Sabine can go on a special mission on it?"

Ezra puts his breakfast down before hugging him, much to Zeb's shock. "I love that! Thank you, Zeb!...."

Ezra rushes out to eat breakfast with Kanan as Zeb stays behind. The Lasat simply smiles, knowing it was great to have another little sibling around. Later after lunch, Zeb was flying the TIE fighter on their way to market.

"I missed ya, buddy. The Ferocious-slayer flies again!"

"Ferocious-slayer? That is way better than the Phoenixchaser Whoo! Why would Hera and Kanan want to miss thi-i-is?!"

Sabine just holds a barf bag in case she got ship sick, which she was. She sighs before looking at both her older and younger team members. "I think I may have some idea!...

"Oh well, their loss!..."

"Whoo!!!!"

Back at the Ghost, Hera, Chopper, and Kanan were playing holochess. Hera was still a bit worried about Zeb teaching Ezra how to fly instead of her. "Kanan, are you sure it's a good idea for Zeb to Ezra how to fly ships? The kid did just finished making a new radio for the Ghost and Phantom!"

"Hera, I'm sure the boys are fine!..."

In the Phantom, Ezra and Zeb had put a tape into the radio and were singing to it.

Both(singing):
To stand out
Above the crowd
Even if I gotta
Shout out loud
Till mine is
The only face that you'll see
I gotta stand out
Till you notice me

Zeb smiles as he ruffles Ezra's hair at his new invention. "Nailed it! (SEES EZRA EYEING THE CONTROLS.) What you're waiting for? You're pilot material, buddy. Take the stick!"

"Seriously?! my adoptive brother won't even let me touch his Holocron!"

"You're my crew member, you can do anything!..."

Ezra smiled at the suggestion of flying, glad he's able to be who he wants to be for once in his life. "You are the best roommate!...."

As Ezra flies instead of Zeb, Sabine smiles a little at the two of them learning to get along. She looks down at Ezra's yellow pack seeing a journal, before picking it up.

"Wow kid, you certainly know how to pilot a ship. How come you were so interested in training as a pilot, and a Jedi?..."

Ezra smiles a little before speaking up. "My dad taught me at a very young age to not think on negative when you flying or training, and to just focus on the positive."

Sabine sits down with the journal in her hands, shocked Ezra could learn so much even though he didn't know his real father. "Yeah, wow!... Being raised by a former Jedi who left his duty of Jedi knight for your mother must have been a real treat!..."

"Yeah... Both he and my mother are both good people, and they taught me a lot."

Sabine sees a phoenix symbol from Hera's friend, fulcrum. "Wait, why does your journal have Fulcrum's Phoneix symbol in it?"

"Oh, because my foster parents used to receive packages from Fulcrum all the time when I was little. I don't know who Fulcrum is though, all I know is that they told me to keep our identity of being rebel cells a secret from the Empire."

Zeb starts to understand why Ezra didn't want to know the senator's name earlier. "Oh, so that's how you knew about the protocol!..."

"Now you've got it! Besides, I never knew my real family... So, I got nothing to compare them to anyway!...."

Sabine sits down, curious why Ezra didn't want to have this conversation with Hera. "So... Why did you wanna have this conversation with me rather than Hera?"

Ezra looks at his family locket before looking for a good spot to land. "Let's talk about this somewhere a little privately on the ground....!"

After landing the TIE on the floor, Ezra finally tells them why he wanted only them to come along. "I was just... looking for information about my family..."

Both Sabine and Zeb look a bit shocked at Ezra's mission.