Chapter Eight, Ezra's First Mission

A few days had passed since Ezra had joined the crew. The kid was crawling through the vents on his first official mission with the Ghost crew. Kanan told him that Minster Tua had specially designed blasters that could be useful to helping them beat the Empire! Ezra's job was to sneak into the vents and then into the building to find information about them. Once Ezra finally climbs out of the vents, he sees a stormtrooper passing by. He stealthily pulls behind a shadowy wall, so he won't be spotted.

"Agent Kallus, the delivery for the specially designed blasters from the Emperor is arriving for you to pick up!"

"Excellent, I want security doubled in case those Rebels try to ambush Minster Tua and steal them! Oh, and keep an eye out for Ezra Skywalker!..."

Ezra winced, hearing his true family name as the stormtrooper was confused why a simple child is such a threat.

"That boy?... He is but a child!..."

"I warn you... Do not underestimate that boy!... He may not be a fully trained Jedi, but as the youngest child of Anakin Skywalker, he is not be trialled with...  I want him alive, Is that clear?..."

"Yes sir!..."

As the trooper escorts Kallus back to his ship, Ezra comes out of the shadows. He breathes a sigh of relief.

"Whew!... That was close!... I better go help Zeb and Sabine and see if they need any help!..."

By the time Ezra gets there, he sees Minster Tua holding them hostage with two droids by her side.

"Master Amda Wabo says that crate contains his ion disruptors, and he wants you to let him have it."

Ezra pulls back his slingshot readying it at the crates before speaking up.

"Oh, of course. There must be some mistake. We can let him have it!... (SHOOTS HIS ENERGY STRING AT THE CRATES HOLDING SOME EXPLOSIVES, CAUSING THE OTHERS TO BE KNOCKED DOWN.)"

Both Sabine and Zeb get up and grab their weapons just as Ezra joins them.

"Sorry I'm late!..."

"How nice of you to join us!..."

Ezra looks up and catches sight of Ghost landing on the ground. He sees Kanan waving at him, causing Ezra to smile and sees that the boarding ramp is starting to come down. Thinking fast, Ezra turns to both Zeb and Sabine.

"Guys, get the crates of blasters onto the ship! I'll cover you!"

Zeb and Sabine nod before rushing to get the blasters aboard. But just as they get the crates on the ship, Kanan approaches the ramp to see Ezra in trouble with the blaster fire before Zeb calls out to him.

"Ezra! Kid, jump!"

Ezra hesitates a little but jumps just in time for Zeb to grab his hand.

"(GROANS) Got him!..."

Zeb pulls the kid up onto the ship as it takes off, just before they hear two droids arguing.

"Good thinking, Artoo. We'll be quite safe from those ghastly hooligans in here."

Hera speaks up as she starts up the hyperdrive and as well as the ship.

"Who are you calling ghastly?"

Before the protocol droid can answer, Sabine comes in with another crate as Zeb helps Ezra down in his seat.

"And who are you calling hooligans?"

"I use that word "hooligans" in only the most complimentary of ways."

Kanan runs in with the last crate as the engine starts up.