Chapter Fourteen, The Spire Part One

A few hours had passed since Ezra and the others had left for the rescue mission. Chopper had stayed on Ghost for safety precautions, in case the Empire showed up. Hera piloting the Phantom towards the entrance of the prison base, but adrenaline was getting to Zeb, who was annoyed by Hera's flying.

"Can't you make the ship go any slower?!"

"Would you like to fly the ship and not get us all caught?!"

"I would as a matter of fact!...."

Sabine just rolled her eyes at Zeb and Hera's arguing over the flying problems before turning to Ezra. "You think that they would be more concerned about the Empire shooting us down, then landing safely?..."

Ezra looked down at his family locket before speaking up. "Yeah..."

Before Kanan could ask what's the matter, Hera's voice spoke up to focus them on the mission. "Alright guys, you've 30 seconds. Kanan, you've go first. Zeb, you go next. Ezra, you third. And Sabine, you go last."

However, before Kanan could open the hatch, Zeb changes his mind. "Now wait a minute, Ezra's the one who was the most experienced with Empire the last time, so I think it's only fair that he should go with Kanan."

Ezra smiled at Zeb's request, just as Kanan jumps out to land on the base! Ezra immediately gets up in concern for his master, as he watches as Kanan lands on the ground before he turns to his student.

"I'm alright!..."

"(SIGHS WITH RELIEF BUT GASPS WHEN HE SEES SOME STORMTROOPERS CLOSING IN ON HIS FRIEND!) Specter One, look out!..."

Kanan sees what Ezra is trying to warn him about, just as one of them pins him down to the ground! "(GROANS) Let me go!...."

Ezra gasped in fear as he watched the person he like a father to him in the last few weeks is pinned down on the floor! "Kanan!..."

One of them forces Kanan to sit up while contact the Inquisitor over the comlink. "Sir, we've captured Kanan Jarrus, but we still have to find the others!..."

"Very well, deal with Ezra and the others first!..."

At the very thought of Ezra being hurt, Kanan struggles against the stormtrooper holding back. "Leave him alone guys, or you're gonna answer to me!..."

The three of them are too busy with their conversation, that they don't even notice Ezra force jumping out of the Phantom! Ezra grabs the trooper that isn't holding Kanan captive, protecting his friend from being hit. "Buckethead... Never, ever threaten him!.... (KNOCKS THE FIRST TROOPER UNCONSCIOUS INTO THE OTHER ONE, FREEING KANAN JUST AS SABINE AND ZEB SHOW UP!) And stay down!...."

Ezra turns to Kanan and helps him up to his feet, before looking to see if his friend is hurt. "Kanan! Is everything okay, are you hurt?!..."

Kanan rubs his arms as Ezra pulls him up with his arm. "No, I'm okay!.... Just a few bruises!.... But, where in the world of the Rebellion did you learn to fight like that?!..."

"My older adoptive sister taught me!..."

"Maybe you could teach me someday!..."

They notice Zeb trying to open the door, but isn't having much luck as he and Sabine were arguing. "Can't they just label the open button?!"

"Would you like me to open it?..."

I would as a matter of fact!..."

As Kanan sighs in frustration, Ezra just gets up and shoves Zeb away so he can open the door. "Oh for the love of... Get out of my way!...."

Ezra puts down his yellow backpack and takes out a lockpicking padlock and puts it on the door. Using the Force very carefully, the padlock opens the door! "Yes! We're in!..."

Immediately, Kanan isn't paying attention to Zeb and runs past him to catch up with Ezra. "Hold the phone!...

"Oaf!..."

"Wait, how did you learn to do that?!..."

"Oh, it's an easy trick. I learned it the first week that I was on the streets with Mark and Sara!..... Zeb, have you found which cell that the Empire is keeping Luminara in?..."

"Yeah, it's Detention block see-see zero-one. Isolation cell zero-one-six-nine!..."

Sabine just rolls her eyes, knowing that's bad news for the "Well that's not good, we only planned for off outdated schematics!... Well, now what do we do?..."

Ezra made up his mind and took charge. "Sabine, you and Zeb take that hallway! Kanan, you and I will take the other hallway! Since the plan has changed, we'll have to use the turbo-lift as our escape route now!..."

Hera heard everything and smiled at Ezra's leadership. "Roger that Specter Six! And... Take care of Specter One..."

Ezra smirked at his friend, knowing the answer. "Somebody has too!..."

As four rebels split up, Ezra could still hear their arguing over the comlink.

"Their changes of the plans are getting worse all the time!..."

"Look on the bright side Zeb, the both of them probably won't change the plan again!..."

"I'm standing right here with my comlink on, I can hear every word you're saying!...."

"We know!...."

Kanan just placed a comforting hand on Ezra's shoulder, attempting to get his mind off Zeb's and Sabine's annoyance over the plans being changed. "Don't listen to them, kid, since when do our plans ever go right?..."

Esra smiled but frowned a little, he wasn't worried about his friend's annoyance over the change of plans. However, he was more concerned about something else. "Trust me, Kanan, it is not you or the others... That I'm worried about!...."

The both of them just looked at the sky before going in, still having an uneasy feeling inside about the Empire's interests in the both of them!...