Chapter Sixteen, A Traitor Revealed\ Escape

When Kanan spotted the Inquisitor just before the cell door closed behind him, he felt his Kyper crystal in his lightsaber ring out "danger, danger." But to be honest, he didn't care about his wellbeing. All he cared about, was Ezra's life being in danger. He switched his lightsaber on after putting the two parts together, as the Inquisitor approached him and Ezra.

"I must say, I was surprised when Kallus told me and my Master that there was a Jedi during the breakout of wookies a few weeks ago. However, when they told me that your youngest ward was Anakin's youngest child... Well, then my interest opened up."

Ezra simply backed away as the Jedi hunter continued speaking. "Master Luminara may have died with the Republic, but her bones continue to serve the Empire, luring the last Jedi to their ends."

Ezra picked up his comlink to wan the others, but they weren't responding. "Kanan, Specter five and four aren't answering!...

Kanan knew that Empire jammed their comlinks. Launching forward, he swung his lightsaber at the Inquisitor. However, as Kanan kept launching his lightsaber at the Jedi hinter, it didn't seem like the Inquisitor was breaking a sweat! What he said next though, shocked Kanan to the core!..."

"Impressive... It seems you trained with Jedi Master Depa Billaba."

Kanan's body went ice cold at the sound of Depa. The only person who had ever heard about his Master was Hera and no one else. So how could this person know about her?...

"H... How…? Who are you?"

"My new apprentice tells a lot about you as a child...! In close-quarter fighting, Billaba's emphasis was always on Form Three. But you favour to a ridiculous degree.”

Suddenly, the Inquisitor grabs Kanan's forearm before throwing him into the wall! Ezra immediately ran over to his friend. "Kanan!..."

The young boy placed a concerned hand on Kanan's shoulder, which caused Kanan to get back up and fight. He rather die before he would let anyone hurt Ezra. The Inquisitor just smirked, knowing that he still hasn't changed in almost fifteen years. "Clearly, you were a poor student."

Ezra just got up and shot a few energy blasts from his slingshot but it goes unaffected by the Jedi hunter. "Is that really all you've got, my boy!... "

Ezra smirked, crossing arms before pointing to the cell door. "Well, I've got that!..." The bomb that Sabine gave him earlier blew against the door, setting him and Kanan free. They both run for it, but a different Sith user shows up right in front of them! Ezra easily knows who it is...

"It's been a long time, Mark!...."

Kanan stiffs in surprise as well as the Inquisitor as he approaches them. "You must be the so-called adopted brother he's told me about!..."

Mark just grabs his lightsaber as raised his lightsaber. "My master will spare your friend, provided you do as I say. Renounce your Jedi ways and join the Emperor's Army. He can help save your family!

Ezra just glared at him, not even wanting to have anything to do with Emperor. "Don't believe everything that bonehead tells you! He doesn't want to help me, he wants to control me!

"Then I will take you in by force."

"You've always looked down on me because I'm wild, but fortunately, that just made me work harder than you."

Ezra starts shooting energy shots at Mark while Kanan and the Inquisitor continued their lightsaber duel. While the older Jedi defended against him, Inquisitor smirked at Ezra, who was still defending himself from Mark. "Are you paying attention, boy? The Jedi are dead!.... But there is another path: the dark side."