Chapter Ten, The Start Of A New Friendship Part Two

In the medical room on the Ghost, Ezra woke from his exhausted state and looked to see everyone in the room. Hera smiled shook his shoulder, trying to make him up

"Ezra, are you awake?..."

Ezra got up and saw Hera and Sabine smiling at him just as Chopper and Kanan comes in carrying Zeb.

"Wow! You've seen better days, that's for sure!..."

"(HERA NUDGES SABINE TO BE QUIET)"

"Ow!..."

Ezra just smiles, knowing it takes a lot more than what just happened to keep him down. "I could take you, Sabine, even with a drained arm!..."

Kanan smiles placing an on his student's shoulder, relieved he and Zeb are both okay.

"You gonna be okay?..."

"Yeah, I'm just not used to using the Force for that long, it's a new thing for me!...

Both Ezra and Sabine turned to Zeb, who was just opening his eyes. Ezra sat back relieved, he didn't want to even think about what might have happened if he had been too late! Sabine sat down with Ezra, as Kanan knelt beside Zeb.

"Will he be alright?..."

"(GROANS) Yeah!..." Kanan helps Zeb to his feet, thinking he was the one who saved him. "Thanks, mate, I appreciate the save!..."

Kanan smiled, knowing that he didn't save the day this time. "It wasn't me!... It was Ezra!..."

Zeb looked confused at the young boy sitting on a medical bed with Hera and Sabine. Instead of growling like he did when he left Ezra behind on that star destroyer the day they met, Zeb just nodded at the kid; quietly saying "Thank you..." Ezra just shyly smiled at Zeb, happy that he's okay. Both Hera and Kanan gave the kid a proud loving fatherly and mother smile before the older Jedi spoke up.

"And Ezra, your former training starts tomorrow!..."

Ezra's confused face turns into a happy smile, as both Sabine and Hera placed a hand on the kid's shoulder right before 3PO comes in.

"Uh excuse me sir, but R2 says the deal from our master is still available, if you want it!..."

Kanan turns to Ezra, who nods smiling as if to say: "Everyone deserves a second chance!..." Kanan smiles before turning to the droids. "Yeah, I think that would be okay with us!..."

Later on their master's ship, the man who owned the droids gave some credits to Ezra and Kanan before shaking the kid's hand.

"Thanks for returning my droids. I hope they weren't any trouble."

Kanan is a bit nervous at that question, but Ezra helps him.

"Are you kidding me, it was a piece of cake! No trouble at all."

Chopper complained in droid language before Kanan spoke up and closed the door.

"Don't listen to him."

Later that evening, Ezra went to bed while Zeb slept in med bay to heal up. The kid just finished drawing a picture of today's adventure in a special journal that his adopted mother gave to him on his sixth birthday. He remembers what she told him about choosing his path as a Jedi.

"Your father is right about one though; you will a Jedi one day. But only you'll get to decide what kind of Jedi you'll be, and no one can tell you to make that decision!.."

Ezra smiles before singing a song, vowing to make his both adoptive and real parents proud.

Ezra(Singing):
These were apples Mami's favourite,
I hope she looks down and savours it.
To bake with her, was always so much fun!
For Papi, fresh-cut marigolds.
A bowl of cherries nice and cold;
If he were here, we fight for the last one!
It's been so long since I've seen them;
Since we sang favourite songs,
Or just talked through the night!
When they called me their Ezrita;
I would know in my heart,
I would know I was their shining light!
I hope I make them proud;
As a daughter...
As a Ruler...
Hope I make them proud,
And be all they would have wanted me to be!
I've often yearned for their advice;
On where to go and stop and think twice,
It's hard to know when you're just fourteen!..
I'll soon be tested; don't know how,
Wish they could guide me here and now!
To help me get through this, and someday become a Leader!
It's been so long since I've seen them;
Since we sang favourite songs, or just talked through the night.
When they called me their Ezrita;
I would know in my heart,
I would know I was their shining light!
I hope I make them proud;
As a daughter...
As a Ruler...
Hope I make them proud,
And be all they would have wanted me to be!...
As a Ruler...
As a daughter...
I want to make them proud!...