Chapter Fifteen, It's a Trap!

Both Kanan and Ezra had just stepped out of the elevator and had stopped to catch their breath. Ezra wipes some sweat from his forehead from running from the stormtroopers.

"(SIGHS) Who knew that Stormtroopers were so persistent!... Does this always happen to you?..."

Kanan smirks before ruffling Ezra's hair before smiling. "Oh trust me, kid, everywhere I go!... But... How come you don't spend much with your adoptive siblings like you used to?..."

Ezra fiddles with his family locket before speaking up. "Well, you must know... When me, Mark, and Sara were little we were... Best of friends!... Day after day, we would go on amazing adventures together facing the unknown together... At least we did until...."

Kanan's emerald eyes softened at the sad tone in his friend's voice. "Until what?..."

Ezra sighs sadly, before telling Kanan his shattered bond with Mark. "It was almost five years ago, Sara devised a plan to search for any surviving members of the Jedi Order to help rebuild a Jedi resistance and overthrow the Empire!..."

Ezra showed a picture of who Sara thought who had survived. It showed her, Mark, Ezra, Ahsoka, Luminara, Obi-wan, and himself. Kanan couldn't believe that his student and one of his childhood friends from when he was a kid could have such a beautiful dream of hope for the galaxy. "(GASPS) Whoa!...."

"Sara had always believed in hope for the galaxy ever since I was born, she wanted to give you and so many others a better future, Kanan!... Mark thought it was way too risky, especially with my foster parents prisoned by the Empire!... However; when me and Sara with through with our dream and didn't tell Mark, or anyone else for that matter... He told Vader about us and betrayed us!... I... I couldn't keep either of them safe!... Sara went looking for survivors in the Outer Rim, while I went looking for survivors on the other side of the galaxy. Once Mark joined Empire and betrayed us both, freeing Lothal seemed to be the only thing that mattered to him!..."

Kanan seemed shocked that Mark would choose the people who took everything from him over Ezra and Sara. "More than family?..."

Before Ezra could reply any further about Mark's ideas about what family meant to him, he sees two Stormtroopers by Luminara's cell!.... "(GASPS) Kanan, get back!...."

Ezra pulls Kanan back before they could notice them, the kid is about approach the cell so Kanan could enter and get Luminara out, but the two troopers appear right in front of him!... Ezra stood paralyzed in fear of being captured again. However; before the troopers could react, Kanan just raised his hand out.

"Shouldn't you be guarding Jedi's cell? It's on the next cell."

The troopers obeyed, much to Ezra's surprise. "It's on the next cell."

"You should get moving."

Both troopers turned to each other and replied. "We should get going."

As soon as the troopers left, Kanan smiled and motived Ezra to come over to him. Ezra's fear immediately goes away and smiles before he joins Kanan. Ezra unlocks the door with the force before Kanan steps in to find Master Luminara sitting on the bench of her cell. Kanan puts his hands on Ezra's shoulders, firmly telling him that he'll handle this. However, Kanan noticed that something was wrong.

"Master? Are you alright?..." Kanan didn't seem to understand why she wasn't answering. However, Ezra launches an energy blast from his slingshot, mich to Kanan's confusion.

"Whoa, Ezra! What the heck are you doing?..."

Ezra just pushes Kanan out of the way, knowing this wasn't real. "Relax!.... (FINDS OUT IT'S HOLOGRAM.) I knew it, it's just a hologram!..."

Kanan leads closer to see that Luminara's body was sealed in a container and was rotten to the core of her body. "I... I don't understand, what happened to her?..."

"No? It doesn't seem complicated!..."

Ezra immediately gasped in fright, recognizing the man behind them. Kanan pulled him behind his arm, not wanting the kid to get hurt. The Inquisitor smirked before he turned on his red lightsaber. The temperature in the room seemed to drop for Ezra's Force signature.

"I am the Inquisitor, welcome!..."